Chapter 2. The Flare

"NEWT?"...
The boy looked at Thomas with a tear in his eye. "Tommy... I'm glad your bloody safe. I really am." Thomas jumps a the boy to hug him tight this seemed so unrealistic and unfortunately... It was.

Thomas woke up from his amazing dream... But what was more horrible to wake up to an amazing dream and knowing it was all fake? Nothing. Nothing is worse. Thomas did not sleep for the rest of the night... Thinking about Newt and how they laughed together before.

Suddenly he heard a threatening noise outside. It was so loud!
Minho came up to Thomas "come check this out man. It's scary"
For all he knew, the group in the safe heaven was well... Safe. But when he saw what Minho wanted to show him, he knew... He knew they weren't safe anymore. He knew this was not the end of 'the Flare'.

Three meters away from him stood a huge bear at least twice the teenagers size. But the bear did not seem animal. He seemed...
That's when Thomas found out.
The bear had the flare.
Something not only seemed impossible but it was scary... Very scary.
Animals are all over the place, only a few humans are left which means the battle was lost for sure.
Back to the bear... It was laying down, black blood dripping down his mouth, veins everywhere, it seemed dead.
Thats when he remembered newt. How he seemed dead but the woke up and started attacking him. A tear fell down his cheek. Just the thought of it was too much. But he had to act!
"back up everyone! He's gonna go crazy in a second"
A guy Thomas didn't seem to know said,
"ain't you seeing its dead? Look!" the boy gets closer to the bear until he is only one Metter away from him.
"get away!, thomas said, He'll kill you!"
A loud noise came out of the bears mouth as he struggled to stand up.
For what seemed like eternity the bear paused. He didn't move. But he was standing up. Ready to kill.

That's when everything went black. The bear suddenly jumped on that boy and swallowed him. Entirely. In a second.

Chaos was all over the place.
Blood everywhere...

To be continued...