"Not Myself" Michael Clifford Fan Fiction

*May trigger!!!!!!!!!*

“You never walk alone, remember?” you asked him as a tear fall down his cheek. Looking away, he nods, no words are said. “Can you please look at me?” you ask as your voice starts to crack. He still doesn’t answer you, he is not even looking at you. “Can you please just give me a sign that you are listening to me!?” anger is now growing, and you don’t know what to do. Everything is falling apart, your best friend is depressed. He doesn’t want any help, and you know what will happen… You take your hand under his chin and make him look right at you. “If you want this to be ok, you need…” He started to cry. Tears just poured out of his beautiful eyes. You wiped the away as soon as they came. You’re sweater arm was soaked from all his tears after five minutes. “I can’t stay mad at you, and you know that Mikey!” you said as you gave him a hug. Wrapping your arms around his back and holding him tight. Stroking his back and letting him cry out. Michael buried his face on your shoulder and neck. He could not stop crying. His world was falling apart, piece by piece. And he was breaking, just as easy as people can break glass. “I can’t do this anymore (y/n)! I just can’t” Michael sobs out. “I know, I know… I will fight with and for you” you said, tears started to form in your eyes. Everything he had was taken away. You knew the feeling, you knew it to well. Michael was everything you had, and you were everything he had left. His family had left him, foster parents didn’t want him, abuse, drinking, drugs, cutting and bullying, his life had never been easy. And now on top of that depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Michael was done, done with everything. But you would not let him just give up on the world. “You can’t let the world break you Mikey! The world is a dumb place, with dumb people. I don’t want to lose you, you are all I have left! I don’t want to see you let the world take away your life. We are too young to let the world break us down…” you said before your tears rolled down on Michaels head. You two were not only best friends, but like family to each other. You two were standing in the living room, crying and no words were said. “Mikey, as long as I am around, we will fight, okay?” you said after a while. Michael looked at you and showed a little smile. He wiped away a tear from your eye. “Okay…” he said with a raspy and cracked voice…

The next weeks, you two were home. You could work from home, and that was a good excuse so you could look after Michael. He didn’t have a job. Michael was not in a good condition to have a job, because of everything that had happen, and was happening in his mind… You two lived together in a little house, just outside town. Not far to the store, gas station or anything. Which was nice, since only you worked and you two didn’t have a car. Michael wasn’t himself anymore. Talking less, starring empty at the walls, almost not eating and he wasn’t playing much music anymore. You were afraid he was long gone. One day he was sitting in the sofa in the living room, just looking at the wall. You decided to show him how much he had taught you on the guitar. The guitar was in the closet in the hallway. Quickly you found it, and sat down in front of Michael on the floor. He looked so empty, no spark in his eyes, nothing. “Remember when you thought me The A-Team on guitar” you softly asked him. Michael looked at you and folded his hands. Slowly you started to play, and every good memory came back for two seconds. You looked at him and smiled, he looked at you and then down. “Better if you can hear the lyrics” you quickly said and stopped for a second. Michael nodded, but didn’t look up. Softly you stroke the strings on the guitar, and started again. “White lips, pale face, Breathing in snowflakes, Burnt lungs, sour taste. Light's gone, day's end, Struggling to pay rent, Long nights, strange men...” you sang and looked at Michael. He looked up, and smiled to you. His real smile. As you continued with the singing and guitar playing, he sang some words and lines with you. When you were done you put the guitar away, and sat down in the sofa. “You know, you are almost as good as me. But just almost though” Michael teased and laughed a little. You pushed him a little and gave him a hug. “I know you are weak for music, and you need some right now. The same as food, hungry?” you asked him. Michael nodded. He helped in the kitchen, something that is completely new. You two made lasagna, and ate together. “Shit (y/n)! We are great chefs!” Michael said and you laughed at him. Maybe all he needed was days like this one?