Chapter 3 : The Meeting That Lasted Weeks Part 2

Shadow's P.O.V.

 "I'm leaving," Mowgli said. 

"But you can't," my voice broke, "he'll kill you." Everyone went silent.

"I don't want to see anyone get hurt," Mowgli continued.

"Mowgli, go back to the den," Mother commanded.

"A man-cub belongs with man," stated Jua.

"What gives you the right to say that?" I growled. Father looked at me looking at me with disapproval.

"We raised him as our own," Mother stated.

"He'll have the boy, either way," responded Jua.

"Akela," Bagheera began, "maybe I can be of help? The boy's right. Maybe it's time he found another people-" 

"No," I cut in.

"I'm the one who brought him to you. And now I'll return him where he belongs," Bagheera said. 

"I won't let you," I stood in front of him to assert dominance.

"He's my cub!" Mother shouted to Father.

"We knew this day would come," Father stated.

"We are the only family he's ever known," Mother argued as I walked to stand next to her.

"Raksha," Father began," It's the only place he'll be safe."

"It's okay ami, I won't go far. I won't go far. I'll come back and visit," Mowgli comforted Mother.

"Never forget this ... you're mine. Mine to me.  No matter where you go, or what they call you ...  you will always be ... my son," mother's voice cracked. Mowgli hugged me and my mother. My mother, my wonderful brother, and I began to cry. Mowgli broke the hug and stood up. Mowgli then walked of with Bagheera. 

"Mother," I began, with tears that could fill the Nile, "will ever see him?" 

"Yes, we will Shadow, yes we will. I feel it," Mother said. 

~To Be Continued~