Who am I?

~Celeste's POV~

Walking down one of my palace's halls my silver eyes ran across the paintings of my ancestors, my fingers grazed the rail. At the very end is where I stopped and looked at my mother and father's painting. All I could think about is how one day my picture will be on this wall. Turning around I make my way to my father's office suddenly remembering my thoughts, when I felt one of my younger sister coming around the corner.

"Yes Nerissa", I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Celeste mother told you it's not fair for you to use your abilities on us", She replied huffing and crossing her arms over her chest.

"I wouldn't consider it an ability more like a sixth sense", I replied shrugging my shoulders.

I know your probably confused so let me clear some things up. My name is Celeste Calypso and I'm a siren. My parents are the old king and queen of all the oceans however, we reside in the Baltic seas where the waters are cold but for some reason we don't get "cold".

I'm the new ruler of the seas seeing that my parents decided to pass me the crown last year after my twenty-first cycle of life. I have 3 little sisters. Nerissa who's the second oldest, Asteria who's the third oldest, and lastly Cyrena the youngest.

Now my abilities are odd of the sorts. I'm the only one other than my mother born with them. There is almost nothing I can't do or see, like the future except I can't see my own. Like most creatures of the night our creator is the moon goddess. Who me and my mother can speak with at will.

Unlike my sisters I'm not the nicest of creatures, I have this darkness about me. I'm not the thing they like to call a mermaid. I love peace and harmony but I also love fear I am a siren after all.

Walking right past Nerissa I keep my pace to my father's office. I hold my head high as I start to feel the weight of my crown weighing on my head and my heavy body jewelry that laid across my chest and shoulders showing my royal status.

Stopping in front of my father's office I stared at the double doors. Wondering what he could possibly want. We already had our meeting about helping the land creatures, which I think is a horrible idea. Shaking off my inside nerves I walk straight in seeing no need for formalities he is my dad after all. As I walk in and sit in the chair right in front of his desk I see my mother sitting on the corner of his desk.

"So, my dearest of parents what do I owe the pleasure." I asked with a slight smile.

"Well my beautiful daughter we have some news that we would like to discuss with you in private, but you have to promise not to freak out okay.", my mother told me speaking first.

I just nodded my head in response waiting for them to get on with it. It was almost 10 at night and i'd like to be in my chambers if they didn't mind.

"So, the alpha king has reached out to us-" my father stopped as I raised my hand to silence him.

"Dad I have already told you my stance with that situation and I wish not to help them, they are half way across the world their problems are not our own." I said, my voice showing how serious I was with my decision.

"Please Celeste just listen for me", asked my mother. Looking at her I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my button nose.

My mother knows I have the upmost respect and love for her as she is my sanity. "Go on dad", I said as I blew out my breath.

"Well the alpha king has sent another letter asking for help and they have come to me and your mother personally to try and convince you to help. He said the rouges and vampires seem to be working together and things are getting worse they are attacking packs and killing humans." He said trying to explain.

I said nothing as he finished. Why are vampires working with stray wolves? Sirens and vampires have no issues but what they're doing is questionable and wrong.

"And there's something else." My mother started.

I looked up at her.

"He also mentioned that they have been trying to get in touch with the moon goddess." Now that peeked my interest.

I sat up straight in my chair "They want to talk to grandmother? What do they want with her? Why not just come to us?" I asked myself confused.

"We're not sure but it can't be good if they didn't want to come to us." Said my dad.

Standing up from my seat I decided my next move with this new-found information.

"Send word to the alpha king that I will come to his domain to talk in a days time and if he can move me with his words ill consider helping, I have to figure out what is going on."

And with that being said I walked to my chambers to take all this in and sleep on it I'm starting to think that I'm not going to like this alpha.

I'm all about control and structure and this king is running wild. We will just have to see what tomorrow holds.

~Picture of Celeste's crown and body jewelry~

Okay guys im trying this whole writing a book thing again but im not sure how consistent im going to be but im going to try and upload every Friday and make longer chapters.

LIKE~COMMENT~