Chapter 4

Reagan let out a blood curdling scream as she back pedaled away from whatever the hell it was that was chasing her. She stumbled backwards over some rocks and fell down. In a desperate attempt to still get away, she started crawling backwards and managed to turn around and get up. She sprinted as fast as she could back to where she thought the truck was. However, it was no where to be found.

"Dammit," she muttered, "Ryan must've heard my scream and left to try and find me."

Glancing around she saw a building and ran inside, and hid in the corner, hoping the monster didn't see her. She opened her backpack and fumbled around, looking for her phone.

"Yes!" she said gleefully when she found it. Quickly she punched in Ryan's number and called him.

_________________________________________

Ryan was scanning building after building looking for Reagan. Suddenly his phone rang. His heart skipped a beat; Maybe it's her he thought to himself. He answered the phone.

"Hello?" he said shakily, hoping Reagan was on the other line.

"Ryan!!!" Reagan's petrified voice screamed from the speaker.

"Oh my God, you idiot!!! Where the hell are you?!" Ryan responded.

"I'm in some building where I thought the truck was; I was running from some beast and was hoping I'd run into you," Reagan informed.

"Shit," Ryan muttered, hoping Reagan didn't hear him. Those were the result of the plague taking over someone's body; the reason they had to destroy city after city, town after town, in hopes of keeping themselves alive and plague free. "Reagan, I want you to stay there; I'm coming to get you. And whatever you do, Do not let that monster touch you."

_________________________________________

The line clicked off. I wonder why I can't let it touch me? Reagan thought. She wasn't about to go test it but she was curious nonetheless. She waited, and waited. Suddenly, Reagan heard the squeal of tires being braked.

"Thank God, Ryan, I thought you were never going to show up." Reagan said to herself. Suddenly the firing of assault rifles pierced the evening sky as Ryan and Luke heroically fought the monster and slayed it. With a scream that brought them all to their knees and forced them to cover their ears, the monster fell to the ground, dead.