Chapter 4

"I FUC*ING LOVE YOU SIERRA!"

That makes us both quiet. The only sound is our heavy breathing.

"Well Nash I'm not going to stop cutting because I don't deserve you and I don't deserve you. I'm a worthless bit*h who should go die."

Tears streamed down Nash's face. He sobs and says "Sierra please don't think like that. I swear I love you and I won't leave you!"

I sigh and say "Nash I have to go home." He sighs and says "Call me when you get there." I nod and leave.

I walk home and open the door. Then I trudge up the stairs.

Knowing what I'm about to do.

But I don't care.

Nash was lying.

He doesn't love me.

I open my bathroom door and walk in. The razor gleams in the light and I say "Hello old friend. Let's have a talk."

I grab my best friend and worst enemy.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Then my phone rings. Interrupting my  tenth cut. I answer it and say "What?"
Nash:Hey Sierra. Can I come over just to hang?
Me: Um sorry I don't know.
Nash:K well I'll take that as a yes. Im on my way.
Me:Nash wa-

He hangs up. Oh sh*t. I have to find a way to cover this. I grab some concealer and get to work.

It hurts so bad to put stuff in my cuts but I can't let him know. I feel hands wrap around my waist. It's Nash. He sees my cuts.

He grabs my arms and kisses each one. I cry and he starts and says "Kiss it all better Sierra." I gasp and pull up his sleeves.

His wrists are covered in fresh bloody cuts. I say "Nash when and why did you do this."

He puts his head in his hands and says "When you left. I did it because I know you don't love me and you deserve better."

"Nash I love you it's just too hard to admit and too hard to get attached."

"Why?"

"My dad left as a kid. Beat me and my mom. Told me I was worthless. Told me I'm just a young wh*re. Told me I'm a bit*h. Told me he wishes I wasn't born. Told me I should commit suicide. Told me no one would care."

"He told me all this since I was eight. I started cutting at ten. The sad thing was I knew how to hide the bruises. I was diagnosed with bulimia at eleven."

"I would throw up every fuc*ing day. Every. Fuc*ing. Day. Dad didn't care the one day he left."

"I never saw him again."

"But I didn't regret it."

I'm sobbing now and Nash sobs with me. "It hurts Nash." I say and he says "I know Sierra, I know honey."

He leads me to my room. We fall asleep on each other.

-------
"WHAT THE H*LL SIERRA?"

I gasp and wake up. Nash jumps up. My mom is standing there red faced.

"Fu*k."

"Mom it's not what it looks like!" I scream.

"WELL THEN WHAT THE FU*K IS IT SIERRA??!! WANNA KNOW WHAT I THINK? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD SEX WITH THIS BOY LAST NIGHT!"

"WELL MOM IT'S NOT THAT AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL THE WHOLE FU*KING WORLD!"

"SIERRA ROSE YOU WILL NOT CUSS AROUND ME!" She yells.

"YES I CAN DO WHAT I FU*KING WANT! OH NO I SAID FU*K! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!"

She steps threateningly towards me. I sigh and just push past her to the bathroom. Nash says "Ma'am Sierra and I didn't do anything. She and I are best friends."

Mom sighs and leaves.

I cut again.

One

Two

Three

Four

"Stop please!" Nash says "For me?" I set my razor down. I open the door. I push past him. I change into a sports bra and shorts.

Running takes my mind off things. I grab my phone and headphones and start downstairs and outside.

-------
I ran so hard I threw up. Threw up what wasn't in my stomach. I haven't eaten for three days.

Nash has ran with me. He is patting my back while I throw up in a bush. Wow great job Sierra....