zero ➵ prologue

Clarke was never one to dress up or flaunt herself wherever she was, she didn't need to. She was average, and being average was okay even if there was nothing outstanding about it. It was just like being a Hufflepuff, they might not have meant much compared to the other houses but they were there to help them through it all with loyalty and kidness. There was more than what meets the eye. 

Society had changed a lot, thus making people feel that being unique was going to make them happy -- that being something more than average was the standard. It was a whole different story for Clarke, labels in her opinion were useless. There was no need to call someone a geek or a nerd just because they did more studying. There was no need to be labelled and to be recognized by that. Clarke was beautiful, even if she refused to realize it as would many other girls out there. Being in the 21st century, the eptimone of beauty was something most people out there care about. However, even if she didn't think she was beautiful, her half asian and american features were enough for her and the way she dressed was simple yet decent. 

Her parents were not decent -- they were too busy with their selfish reasons to bother about Clarke. Her mother, buying unnessecary products and her father, a workaholic. Clarke's life was like a broken puzzle, but maybe getting through it with Daniel and Parker was going to work out.

Parker, the one who was always being judged by people who thought of him as a stereotypical jerk. All for that just because he was smart and athletic. Some would say that he was lucky, that he had a blessed life just because his parents were loaded. Parker despised it -- the fact that he would either be worshipped as if he was a Greek God or loathed as if he was the devil. The immense amount of pressure that he was getting from his parents and the people in school that only managed to add the weight on his shoulders were enough to make him break.

Clarke and Parker were fragile like glass. One big drop would be enough to make them shatter into pieces. However, maybe over the bond of talking and having coffee together was going to be the way to glue them back together, even if it was going to take some time. They were willing to try.