11 - Say You Won't Let Go

"I'm coming." Cassandra says before she opens the door. Then she finds that Joel was the one ringing the door bell. "Are you done being moody? Because I miss you." Joel frowns at her.

Since the day that she knows about her mother, Cassandra refused to get out of her house. She rarely replies to Joel's texts, but Joel just take it as she's just being a typical girl, that have some moody phase in times of her life. But today he just can't hold himself from meeting her.

"Aww, Joel." she jumps to hug him. She allows him to enter her house, and they both sat on the stool by the kitchen counter. "Did I push you away again? I'm sorry. Things just went so bad a few days ago." she says in disappointment.

Joel reaches for her hand, and holds it gently

Joel reaches for her hand, and holds it gently. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asks. Cassandra shook her head no. "You'll know about it soon. Just not now." she answers.

Joel asks if she wants to go out with him to clear her mind, and Cassandra thinks it's a good idea. After getting herself ready they both leave the house, to a place Joel refused to mention, saying that it's a surprise.

"Okay, our first destination is supposed to lift up your mood." Joel claims, as he turned off the engine of his car. "Can I open my eyes now?" Cassandra asks, excited.

Joel opens the door for her, but still telling her to close her eyes. "Not yet. Let their voice greets you first." Joel says, adding to the surprise factor. He leads her carefully, until they were greeted by the cute sounds of dog's barking. "Well I love this place, I don't know about you." Joel says, taking Cassandra's hands down.

He takes her to a dog chariy event. There are dozens of dogs in the venue, separated from each other by plastic fences. As soon as she sees what's in front of her Cassandra runs to hug each dog she lays her eyes on. "She's cute." Joel chuckles to himself.

He joins her to play with the dogs, until he finds a pug that he thinks looks like Luke. "Cass, this one looks like Luke, don't you think so?" he asks. Cassandra nods, and offer to take Joel's picture with the pug so that she can show it to Luke just to tease him. They had so much fun that Cassandra was able to put away the worries about her mother.

After having fun with the dogs they went for lunch

After having fun with the dogs they went for lunch. Cassandra asks him about his cousins, and Joel tells her their updates. "Richard's sisters are living with us now, driving him insane as Jodi lingers with Chris all day and Kat spends her time out in the town with this boyfriend we never met. Erick is trying to get closer with Samia. Zabdiel and Richard are bored since everyone has their own partner,so I think tonight they might hit the club to find one."

After that Joel told Cassandra to close her eyes again, because he's taking her to another secret destination.

This time when she gets off from the car she can hear the sound of the waves, meaning that they are near a beach. But it doesn't stop there. As the sound of the waves gets closer Joel leads her onto a boat. "Now where are you taking me, Joel? Are you abducting me?" she asks with her eyes closed, but her hands tries to grab anything near her for balance.

"You'll see." Joel starts the boat. As they get farther from the shore, he allows her to open her eyes. "We are going there." his finger points to a small island. "It's our private island. Don't worry, we have our groundskeeper so we're not alone in the middle of nowhere." he tells her.

When they get to the island the groundskeeper lead them to the villa. It was amazingly built with luxury, relaxing deco. "This is where we used to go to run away from my father's strict orders in the palace. Chris used to bring girls here to impress them. But this is my first time bringing someone special with me." Joel tells her.

When it was getting near to dusk they take a walk along the beach and enjoy the view of the sunset. "I love this." Cassandra let out her feels, wrapping her arms around Joel's waist. "I love you." Joel pulls her into a hug. "I love you too, Joel." she whispers.

After that they had dinner, and gets into the master bedroom, where the sliding door are left opened so that they can feel the breeze

After that they had dinner, and gets into the master bedroom, where the sliding door are left opened so that they can feel the breeze. They both embraced each other's company in silence on the bed. Suddenly Cassandra pulls Joel closer and bury herself in his chest.

"Today was great. One of the best day of my life." she tells him. Joel strokes her hair and lift her face with his other hand to kiss her head. "Anything to make you happy." he smiles.

Suddenly Cassandra realizes that soon he will know that she lies to him all these time. As soon as they find her mother all her secrets will unfold and she might lose him in return to what she has done. That makes her teared up without her noticing.

Joel feels her tears on his chest, and starts to panic. "Cass, you're crying? Why?" he asks, worried.

Cassandra wipes away her tears and sits up, followed by Joel. "Whatever happens in future, just remember that I love you. I love you so much. You're the best person that I ever had in my life." she tells him, her voice cracks as she holds her sobs.

"I know, I love you too. But why are you telling me this out of sudden?" Joel asks, confused by her act. "I'm just afraid that one day I might lose you." Cassandra keeps her head down. "Look at me, Cass." Joel tilt her chin, making her eyes fixed on him.

"I've told you to trust me, didn't I? So trust me, I won't let you go. I won't leave you. Nothing can make me do that." he convinced her. Nothing can tear them apart, or so he thought.