The Escape

Listen, i don't have much time. My name is Lizzie and im now 14. About 2 years ago, me and my sister were outside playing basketball. It's my favorite sport and i wouldnt give it up for anything. We were having our 1-on-1 game like usuall. The park we were at is a popular spot for the guys to hang out. When they showed up i thought it was like every other time: they would take over the good court and we would be shoved over the the bad court. The bad court has cracks, bumps, and no nets. They guys are older than us, about 17 and 18. I had a crush on Joe, but he has a girlfriend and i hate her guts. She's a rich snob and always gives me "The Death Look". The basketball court is the only place me and my sister Alex could escape our parents fighting. Sometimes it turns violent. And i dont know how she can stay with him. Let me cut to the chase, the bad court is by the trees so we're in the shade so nobody really notices us. We stopped our game, i won 20- 16, which is unusual because i dont usually beat her. Our friend Jenny showed up, out of breath. She was at the entrance of the fenced-in park. She waved us older and told us, "My uncle wants to drive us to go get ice-cream, Want to go?" We said sure, and followed her to her uncle's truck. When we got in the truck, we went straight to the ice-cream shop. When we left, we didnt go the same way we came. I thought we were going to Jenny's house so i would call my mom when we got there. But it wasn't Jenny's house. It was up a long dirt road into the woods. I will admit i was kind of scared, and i could tell my sister was too. We pulled into the garage, he shut the garage door and got out. he opened Jenny's door and she got out. He unstrapped something from her body. It looked like an explosive. He opened our door and pointed a gun at us. We got out, then i don't remember what happened next. I must have blacked-out. When i woke up, we three were chained. our arms were above our head and we were against the wall. I was the last to wake up. I overheard Jenny say, "We strapped a  bomb to my chest and and wired me. He told me to go get you two,and if i didnt, he would blow me up. I had no choice, I'm so so so sorry". He walked in, and gave us food. He unchained our arms, and we ate. He told us if we tried to escape, he would kill us. After we were done eating, he took Jenny away. We could hear some screaming, but it was a little quiet. It was clear what was going on. We both fell asleep on the floor. We woke up and Jenny wasn't there. He brought us breakfast which was pancakes and toast. I thought i was dreaming. And he gave us silverwear. That night, he took my sister. i screamed at the top of my lungs. I wouldnt let him take my sister. She was my other half. I was chained so i couldnt do anything but scream. My heart was being torn. She was screaming for me back. When he left, i lost it. i couldnt help but cry. I wish i could plug my ears so i didnt have to listen to it. But i didnt hear screaming. I didnt know what to think about it. She burst through the door just in her bra and underwear. She had the key to the chains and she told me, "I took the fork in my back pocket and stabbed that bastard in the neck. We have to go, now". We ran out the door and i could hear him scrambling on the floor, so he wasnt dead. Yet. She grabbed her clothes and we ran out of the house. I had no idea that we could run that fast. We ran down the seemingly never-ending dirt road. I heard a car engine start. We thought it was him, so we ran off into the woods on the left. But Alex tripped over a root on the side of the road, and we could see headlight going this way. She couldn't move her leg. She said to keep going and leave her, but i couldnt. I'm not leaving her, so i put her on my shoulder and ran. He went past us but i was still running. I could see the road ahead, we ran there, and stopped a car. we got in, and went home.