Chapter 1

Bernadette.

6:00AM

My 6:00AM alarm clock bounced of my bedroom walls, the song 'Crying In The Club' was the only thing that could wake me up in the morning. That and the fact I had the volume full blast. God, my neighbours must hate me in the mornings.

Groggily, I turned the phone alarm off and got out of bed. Walking down the stairs, I was greeted cheerfully by Matilda, my fluffy black and white cat who started purring and pushing her body against me as soon as I stepped into the living room.

My living room was quite large; I had a black leather sofa placed at the back wall while two single black leather chairs sat at the left side of the room. The oak wood fireplace was on the right hand side. With it, was a small black gas fire. My average size TV stood next to the fire on an angle. The walls were painted half and half the bottom half was a beige colour while the top half was a duck egg blue.

Matilda was persistent in rubbing her head on my legs and purring. Every so often she let out a small cute, "meow."

"Yeah I know you want feeding." I chuckled as I scooped up the ball of fluff and carried her into my small run down kitchen. Placing her on the floor, I picked out the cat food and slid it into her red bowl after I filled up her water bowl. Once Matilda was finished and well fed, I let her out for the day making sure to place her water bowl outside as well.

My kitchen was tiny compared to the living room. The tile floor was black, and a grey welcome mat was laid at the back door. The kitchen walls were a cream colour. As for the cupboards they were a light oak wood colour. The counter was a black and grey marbled and my cooker was plain black. In the corner of the room, stood a small wooden table with only two chairs around it.

Grabbing a bowl out of one of the top cupboards, I poured some Cornflakes in then poured in the milk. I had to remember to buy more milk from the shop on the way home from work tonight.

Going into the living room, I sat down on the leather sofa and pressed the power button on the TV remote. The sound of Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reading the news filled the room. The time in the corner of the screen read 6:15AM giving me 40 minutes to eat breakfast, get washed and get dressed.

Once I had finished with my breakfast, I made my way back upstairs to the bathroom. My bathroom was very small but was the right size for me after all it was only me in the run down house. I filled the sink with water while thinking about how my day should plan out. I worked in the town library just stacking shelves and checking in and out books (pretty boring I know) but I love books. The only thing I wanted to be growing up was a famous author. Since I never got into university, I started working in the library in till i raise enough money to go back to collage, pass my A-levels then go to university and study English. 

Washing my face, I studied my reflection. My long brown hair was sticking out all over like I had been electrocuted. I had pale blue eyes however they seemed to switch colour depending on where I'm stood. In the light, they looked grey and in a darker lit place, they could look dark blue (Very strange). I had a pale skin complexion unless I've court sun thankfully I tan rather than burn.

Once finished in the bathroom, I walked across to my bedroom. My room was a beige colour with a dark pink and light brown featured wall. My single bed was a white wood and my drawers and wardrobe was made out the same material. I pulled out some black high waist jeans with a fluffy grey jumper; the clothes I would be wearing today. To say we were in May, it's still cold. Typical British weather, I suppose.