Chapter 3

I wake up to the door swinging open

"KFC"

I dart in to the kitchen kfc is my favourite I can smell it from here

"you seem to have gotten better already" mum jokes

"well when there's kfc involved..." I say to um with my mouth full of chicken so it probably sounded like mouff gumbno hyguff KFC gnuff but yeah

"what are you doing for dinner tonight mum?"

"well nothing what are you planning claire?"

"I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you've done and take you out for dinner tonight"

"well if you insist... listen I have to get back to work ill see you at 5 30"

"Bye mum"

now to post the note I grab the note and dart down the street round the corner and past the park to the shops and stop dead she's standing there staring at me watching me walk by. I start walking and she starts following I start walking faster and then jogging soon I'm full on sprinting. I lose her eventually and wind up 3 streets away from Gregs house I walk down the street and post the letter and take the shortcut down the back of the shops and get shoved.

I look up which was a bad decision considering shortly after my face was greeted with a fist.

"why are you running into my fist for?"

I scamper across the floor and I'm pulled up to my feet and pinned against the wall another blow to my stomach making me double over the hands drop me as I fall limply to the floor I hear whispers and open my eyes to discover a foot coming my way I manage to roll over but sone one stomps on my ribs and in an instant I'm yanked up again and something sharp is run along my shoulder and I feel a stinging pain as some sort or substance is trickling down my arm and i feel the tips of fingers on either side of the cut and pulling it apart causing me to yelp in pain and whimper as something soft hits me and gets into my wound a heartbeat later i realised it was salt and it was starting to burn as i dropped to the floor holding my shoulder i hear shouts and footsteps running away and a hand tenderly goes under my shoulders lifting me up.

"Are you okay?"

wait he actually wants to help me he cares?

"I-I-I'm sure if be fine"

I start to stumble home

"don't forget to wash that out properly"

"thanks sir"

I carry on home.

When I get home I realise that this one isn't going to be easy to cover up...