Chapter One

This is my first book so please be kind and don't give to much hate to my awful grammar, I'm probably gonna give my friend my account stuff so she can go through and edit everything. Picture is Olivia

My grammar freak friend: EmeraldShards

Chapter one: Not So Ordinary

Having a super hero as a dad, you would expect me to have powers. You would expect me to be able to fly, to shoot lasers out my eyes, to be made of steel. But no....unlike my dad, and my older brother, I'm ordinary. So naturally, to get any attention around here, I act up.

I put on my leather jacket, over my white crop top. And slide on my leather boots over my ripped up black jeans. I put my knife, the one with the wooden handle that has my initials craved into it, into a holster on the side of my right boot. I put my spray paint cans into my satchel, and I walk down stairs. The door is locked so I quietly unlock it.

Walking down the dark street I make my way to city hall. Right before I get there I put on a dark purple mask, and once there, I spray paint the words "Evil Is The New Good" in dark purple and it has pink splashes around it.

When I get back inside, my dad is right in front of the door. "Olivia Kent! Where on earth have you been, and why are you wearing that mask? Wait a second, is that spray paint!? Olivia!!! This is a house of heroes, you need to quit with this crap!" He scolded. I roll my chocolate colored eyes in response.

"Being good is your world ,Father. I don't intend on ever looking up to the name of 'hero'," I said running up stairs to my room, slamming my door ,so he would know it's the end of the discussion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning the scolding didn't stop, as my father had seen the new clip of city hall this morning. I ignore his loud obnoxious yelling as I eat cereal, and as I head to the bus stop. When I see my best friend ,Axel, waiting for me, I give him a warm smile.

"Did you do it?" He asked with a serious face. Even though he's my best friend, he thinks what I do is wrong, but it's the only thing I can do to be noticed by my dad.

"What? Don't like my graffiti?" I asked, a small smirk tugged at the corner of my mouth. His eyes narrow a little as I shrug.

"Olivia, you know what your doing counts you as a villain. A villain ,who can easily get caught." He said then added, "A villain in a hero family."

"Don't scold me. I get enough of that at home. Besides, they have powers, I have nothing, being bad is all I can do to get attention." I say shrugging ,and putting my bag on the ground next to me. "Not that I care, it would be much better if I could get a car to flee from that hell hole."

"We both know you don't mean that. You want your family to see you for who you are." He takes a board out my bag. The one that has my latest art piece on it. "The artist who wants affection." He smiles down at me looking at the picture. "This," he point to it, "this is who you are."

I sighed in defeat as I released it from his grasp, and put it back in my satchel, while saying, "I guess you're right. Only problem is, the only way he would care about my art was if it was my super power ,or something."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After school they got off the bus and walked to Olivia's house together.

There. They saw three cop cars outside her yard. The sting in Olivia's gut rang heavily, knowing this couldn't be good.

Yes I know it was a really short chapter but, the next one will be longer. I promise