Chapter 1: When We Got Smokey and Minou as kittens a bit about our Kitties

I remember the day when we adopted our fur babies. We adopted them in 2010 when we were living in California. My mom and dad were telling my brother Nick, and I that we were going to adopt kittens. I was in second grade and Nick was in his second year of preschool. My mom told us that we were going to get the kittens after school. 

   When we got to the door to pick up the kittens, we we greeted at the door with a girl holding two kittens. I picked up the smaller kitty. She is a gray and white tabby. As soon as I held her in my arms, I knew that the two of us were going to have a great friendship. We thought that she was actually a boy at first (that's what the girl who gave us the cats thought she was). Later on, we eventually found out that she was a girl. We gave her the name Smokey. When Smokey was a kitten her tail was roughly one inch! 

  We named our other cat Minou. She has black, with tan, and white. Minou is also a tabby like her sister, but she has white flecks of fur on her back. Minou likes everyone, but she seems to like my dad the most. Her pattern on her fur is considered to be obsidian. Both of our cats knead us and nuzzle on us. They like to watch birds and chase bugs in our house. Their favorite toys are foil balls and catnip toys. 

Smoke and Minou's mom was on the doorstep of a woman ( the one who fostered our kittens until we adopted them) and her family's house. She was a siamese cat. The kittens' father was apparently a cat that was black all over. Our kittens were born in a puddle. The lady took the mother cat and the kittens into her backyard to stay. 

Smokey likes to sleep in my room most of the time. Some of the places she likes to sleep are on my pillows on my bed, the end of my bed, on a small box on my bed, or on my bedroom floor. Smokey seems to always be attracted to anything that has a box or cardboard on top of it. When they were both kittens, my cats would both sleep in my bedroom even though my mom said they were not allowed in my room.