Chapter 1.

"Hello, welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?"

"Yes, I would have a hamburger with everything on it, fries, and a medium Cherry Pepsi."

"Ok, and that will be $6.42."

"Ok." I replied happily as I handed her the money.

She looked at me strangely as I skipped away from the counter and into a booth.

I smiled as I pulled my dark green headphones out of my paint-splattered back-pack.

Putting them on carefully, I plugged them into my IPod and turned on my favorite song, Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

I quietly hummed along with the song.

Just when it was getting to my favorite part, I got a call and the song stopped playing.

I huffed and answered the call.

"Hello?" I hissed, gritting my teeth.

"Heya Eleanor! Wasup?"

"Oh nothing Chloe, just that I'm gonna kill you."

"Ok, but may I ask why?"

"You stopped my song." I answered coldly, glaring into the phone.

Chloe gasped. "El, I didn't know it was THAT serious! I humbly ask for your forgiveness, oh holy being."

I smiled. "That's more like it. You are forgiven."

"Kk, Eleanor, well call me if anything happens."

"Will do."

I hung up.

A waiter dropped my tray of food on the booth, spilling my soda.

She rolled her eyes and strode off, but not before muttering a few choice words about me under her breath, including 'bitch', 'clutz', and 'idiot'.

I grabbed some napkins and quickly cleaned up the spill, my happiness gone. I shivered as a cold chill crept up my spine.

Wait, isn't it like 103 degrees today?

I questioned. I shrugged it off, almost instantly thinking of something way more important.

Chloe says that I shouldn't worry about it. Ha, like that's gonna stop me. I was abandoned on Chloe's parent's doorstep, so I had no idea who my parents were.

What did they look like?

Why didn't they keep me?

Did they hate me?

I grabbed a piece of paper from my backpack, but only to result in a papercut. "Ow.." I gasped under my breath. I studied it, but then froze. Right inside the cut, where blood would be, was sand. Golden sand, that looked like Rumpilstilskin himself had SOMEHOW jumped out of a random kids storybook and decided to replace my precious blood with his crappy shiny string.

I blinked, amazed at how THAT WAS EVEN POSSIBLE. But when I opened my eyes again, the gold sand was gone and the cut wasn't bleeding anymore. "Huh, ...must be imagining things...." I laughed nervously.

I ate my hamburger and fries, and got up to leave.

I walked out the door, heading to my dark green Pontiac.

I climbed in, and started the engine.