chapter 2

Brandi slowly opened the door. "Hey, um...what's up?" She asked as she sat next to Alyssa. "Nothing much. I just wanted to hang out, ya know, outside of school." Alyssa replied, Brandi nodded, blushing furiously. "Oh! I ordered some Chinese food for us!" Alyssa said, getting up and grabbing two Chinese take out boxes. "I...uh-didn't know what you liked, so I just got us both shrimp lo mein." She said, setting the box in front of Brandi. "Are you kidding!? THAT'S MY FAVORITE!" Brandi exclaimed. Alyssa smiled "so...I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." she said, glancing down. "Sure. What is it?" Brandi asked, completely unaware of what Alyssa was about to say. "Y-you know I'm a lesbain...and I've been wanting to say this for some time now...I-I really like you" Brandi froze, she wanted to tell Alyssa how much she loved her, but she just, couldn't, the only thing she could say is "I-I'm straight.." tears ran down Alyssa face, but she nodded, "Oh, Alyssa, please don't cry." Brandi immediately regretted telling Alyssa that she was straight, but, something told her to say it. "D-do you want me to leave?" Brandi asked. Alyssa nodded "I-I'll see you tomorrow" she said, forcing a smile. Brandi knew it was a forced smile, but didn't say anything "ok..." she grabbed her purse and left. Alyssa ran to her room and began to sob "I HATE THIS!" She yelled as she threw her pillow at her wall "LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER IF I WAS STRAIGHT!"  She completely broke down. Sobbing, shaking, and sweating.