Sobs And Shaking

"Daddy, Daddy quickly" a small voice cries as I feel a small hand start to prod my back.
"What is it?" I ask calmly as I place my head back on the pillow, not hearing the shear panic on Alexa's voice.
"Daddy!" she screams which makes me jump.
Quickly I sit it, against the headboard with Alexa standing on the bed in front of me, crying her eyes out.
"What is it? What's wrong?" I ask as I take her small hands in mine, making small circles on the palm of her hands with my thumbs.
"Daddy... Mommy... Help" she stutters in between sobs as she jumps into my arms in panic.
I quickly rise from the bed and run downstairs with Alexa in my arms as I rub circles on her back to try and calm her down.
I search every room until I find Melissa in a heap on the floor in the kitchen.
She has her head in between her legs as she rocks back and forth on the floor, loud sobs and weeps leaving her mouth making her whole body shake.
"Melissa?" I ask with a panicked voice as I sit on the floor next to Melissa, instinctively wrapping my free arm around her, pulling her closer.
"Melissa?" I ask again as I place my head on top of hers.
She doesn't reply but continues to cry and shake.
My other arm is wrapped around Alexa's waist as she stands close to my side, clearly troubled by the sight before her.
"Alexa what happened to Mommy?" I ask her, trying to figure out what got Melissa into this state.
"I don't know" she explains as tears start to well up in her eyes again.
"What happened before Mommy fell?" I ask as i rub my hand along her back.
"I came downstairs and Mommy was cooking. She came to give me a hug but as she turned around, she fell and started crying. Did I hurt Mommy?" Alexa asks as she cried heavily.
"No no baby, you didn't hurt Mommy" I comfort her.
"Why don't you go find your dolls. They might make Mommy happy" I suggest.
"Okay" she replies as she hesitantly leaves the room.
I turn back to Melissa and she hasn't improved.
I wrap both my arms around her tightly and I place my head near her ear as I say comforting things in her ear.
Every now and again I place a gentle kiss in her hair to remind her that I am here.

It takes a while but she eventually starts to calm down a little bit at a time.
She stopped rocking first and then her cried stopped.
I messaged Chyler and she picked up Alexa and is taking her to get ice cream because I don't know how long it will take Melissa to recover and I need to give her my full attention.

I don't know how long it took but eventually Melissa shakily lifts her head from her lap and uses her shaking hands to wipe the excess tears away.
"Hey, how you feeling?" I ask quietly, not wanting to scare her.
"Where's Alexa?" she asks worriedly.
"Chyler took her to get ice cream" I explain as we both get up off from the floor.
"I scared her didn't I?" she asks.
"A little, but she was more worried about you" I explain as I wrap my arms tightly around her and I place my head on hers.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I ask.
"She looked so innocent as she ran into the kitchen in her new Cinderella pyjamas from your Mom and her butterfly slippers. Then as I cuddled her, all I could think about was what if he had hurt her. What if she hadn't slept with us that night. We wouldn't of been able to get to our baby girl and she could of been taken or killed just like that" Melissa says as she starts to shake again.
"I know, calm down. They didn't get her. She is here and she is happy. We have to be great full for that" I say soothingly into her ear as she continues to rest her head on my chest.