Chapter One: The Beginning

As you already know, my name is Dahlia McKenzie and my entire world was flipped upside down once my parents died. I went from being treated like royalty to being treated like a second-class citizen within a community that was once soon to be mine.

First off, I'm a werewolf. Not a very good ice-breaker but it clears up a lot of confusion. ANYWAY, I am currently a few days away from finally turning 16. This is an even bigger milestone for wolves than mundanes (it's what we call humans). The day that a female wolf turns 16, her mate will be revealed to her, regardless of his/her age. A mate, to us, is like our lifeline. No matter what happens, this is the one we can depend on no matter what the situation may be. We are so in sync with our mates that our thoughts and souls are combined. As glorious as this may sound, it does have its faults...

Whenever I was little, my mother and father were the Luna and Alpha of the Dark Moon pack. Together they led the pack for many years, but when I reached the age of four years old, a pack of rouges declared war on our pack which forced my father to take his place on the battlefield where he was struck down. Since my mother and my father were mated, when he died, a part of her died and the grief soon drove her insane and she killed herself not long after that.

Since my mother and father never produced a male heir, my father's beta, Marcellus, became the Alpha. He then named Donovan, my father's third in command, Beta and his brother Xavier third in command

For about two years, the only person to acknowledge me with the same respect as they had before was the pack nurse, Mrs. Jane. She took me under her wing and cared for me as if I were her own child before she was killed by a hunter.

Seeing as she was the only thing stopping the others from harassing me, they started treating me like their servant by the orders of the Alpha's sons Jason and Shane.

Jason was nothing compared to his girlfriend Natalie. She was tall with light blue eyes and wild curly red hair. She was slightly tanned and beautiful by most standards so everyone was pretty much at her beck and call. She may have had the looks of an angel, but she made my life a living hell.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Author's Note:

If you have ever read one of my books before this one, you would know that this chapter is very short compared to my usual updates. But ever since my writer's block popped up once again, I realized that it would be best if I did shorter updates but I try to update two or three times a week. I will try to make the chapters as detailed as possible, but for me to be able to continue writing I need you guys to vote and comment on my stories and tell me how they can be improved.

XOXO, Destiny