Dark times lead to light

We, the writers of stories like these, have to come up with pasts for characters. Some characters already existing, some not. And those who do not have a past, shall have one be made. Chip, from Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers is one of those characters who need a bit of a backstory. This is my version of his past before the rivalry with Donald Duck and before the Rescue Rangers. This story will give a reason to some on why Chip goes as far as to hide his last name from his new friends, and why his parents have never been mentioned, and how he and Dale became friends. But like any good person, Chip has a good early life but a dark and painful event will change everything.

            (June 12th, 1972 ) Chip was 6 years old, he had developed a lot of his personality. He wasn't exactly like his older self. While he was brave, adventurous, loyal and a quick thinker. He wasn't as serious, or as responsibly obligated as we came to know him. He didn't have the bomber jacket and fedora but instead had a patterned button up long sleeve shirt But at this very moment, Chip was in his room, writing in his journal about the week so far, a habit he will continue on to his later life. He had a small desk lamp to help him see in the dark encarved oval in the tree which was his room. Nothing but the consistent pater of the rain and the few thunder claps could be heard outside. To his right was his bed a single bed with a orange designless blanket, a coat rack for winter clothing and a white wooden dresser that had all of his daily clothes, above that was a window that had a lovely view of the hill they were on along the grass and flower laden field which was now shined on by the moon light and the flashes of the lightning. To his left was the rectangle brown orange tinted door and a 3 step tall bookshelf that had all of the books made by sherlock holmes and other books his parents recommended to him. -6/12/74, ~7:30 Pm: Nothing more than doing the dishes and going out to grab some groceries. Atleast, so far. Mom and Dad are out in the rain for some crazy reason saying they had an urgent call from a old friend. This could be something important, but I doubt it. There hasn't been a single case my parents could teach me about in a week or so and everything's been boring.- Chip wrote an entry in his journal.

        Chip methodically closed his journal along with setting the pencil he just used next to it. He slouched in the chair and propped his head up with his right arm which was on the arm of his leather padded wooden chair. Chip stared blankly at the journal. Somehow expecting it to give him more ideas as if it was some genie. He usually wouldn't be this bored since he was an only child and his parents would tell him about the criminals they stopped every so often and how to apply that to his life. They also home schooled him, and while they where away he'd do the chores around the house. Which weren't many since he was the only one living in there most of the day. All of this boredom drove Chip crazy and felt like he had to do something. But then his ear twitched to the sound of the main door being unlocked and then opening. He smiled with glee and jumped from his chair to the door in merely a second, he swung his room door open and ran down the spiral stairs and found himself in the living room.

        In the doorway stood both of his parents. His dad had the very bomber jacket Chip would wear later, however he had a black undershirt to go with it. And instead of a fedora he wore a baseball cap that had his police department symbol and number on it. Chip's Dad was similar looking to Chip but had light brown fur but was taller and a little and rounder, He tufted hair at the top of his head but was combed and he was also working man and a man of action rather than words. His job pertained to working as a sergeant in the local animal police department. Chip's Mother was a tough lady, and as so wore black jeans a navy blue shirt and had a trench coat along with wearing sunglasses practically everywhere outside of home, however that didn't stop her from wearing makeup and her orange fur and light blue eyes accommodated that. She also worked as a detective in her husbands department which took her a lot of talking to do.