Emerald Gem

It was on the night of THE mission when I saw her. I was on a mission to assassinate the president. She was assigned to protect him. My part in this was to keep a watch out for any members of ALIT. The secret organisation who was determined on keeping the world safe from us. And by 'us' I mean EPT (eliminate possible threats). This was only a small part of my group. I never really wanted to join. My family were members. On a mission my dad lost his life to the leader of ALIT, Trying to kill him. My mother never forgave them. So here I was in a pitch black body suit hiding up a tree, a heat detector in my hand. I mean I'm not an evil person at heart but it's too late to quit now. I saw something come up on my detector as it started bleeping quietly. I rapidly hit a button to shut it up. I thought of agent nylon who worked in the tech room to fix this sort of stuff. I could just imagine him grinning smugly about it if he saw. Was he trying to get me killed? I never liked him anyway. I was so lost in my thoughts that I nearly missed a sleek shadow moving from bush to bush. When I took a closer look with my night vision goggles I realised it was a young woman in a suit almost identical to mine. except the only thing was hers had midnight blue lining, and the vague dark outline of a flame in a dark blue. She must be from ALIT. I sighed. We could use someone with her stealth on our team. Pity. I jumped stealthy onto the nearest roof without so much as a creak and started pursuing her. She pulled out a small device. I winced. She just had to have a thermal detector. Before she could even turn it on I pounced, pinning her down. She made a small startled yell. I had her in a firm grip. You know you should know not to make a sound when under attack. It might alert my friends who are not quite as friendly, I said smugly. Well maybe you shouldn't surprise people like that she said calmly. She flipped me over in one swift movement and pinned me down instead. She glared at me. Now who will cover my post she said angrily. You should've thought of that before you passed mine I said with a smug grin. So how long are you going to keep me pinned, she said in a bored voice. That was actually a very good point. But before I could answer she swiftly kneed me in the 'jewels' and started to run. I swiftly grabbed a small dart gun, prepared to stun her but as soon as I fired I knew I had missed. It instead hit a small pocket on her right arm, spilling out its contents. She didn't seem to notice. I watched her go until she was out of sight. I slowly walked to the spot where I could see the remains of her pocket. I picked up a small badge, with a name scratched into it neatly. Emerald Gem.

A few hours later of undisturbed hiding, I received the word that the mission had failed. It was kind of relieving actually. I never wanted anyone's life to end let alone the president's. When I had teleported back to mission control, I went straight over to the tech room and made sure I gave Neon a good slug on the shoulder, and stormed out before he could complain. I slipped quietly into the mission briefing room, with about 20 other agents. Our leader, who we had come to know as Sorchandas stood up the front. He gave the usual briefing about, why it went wrong, who did well, and an angry speech about 'those meddling ALIT agents'. As I sat up to leave like we always do, he stopped us with a wave of his hand. We all sat back down. If anyone has anything that some foolish ALIT managed to leave behind or drop please step forward and bring the evidence here, for testing. I didn't like the sound of that. We can use their fingerprints to clone them, and eventually infiltrate their base with the copies. It was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard. I was NOT handing that in.