Chapter 11 - Without the bitter, the sweet isn't as sweet.

Chapter 11 – Without the bitter, the sweet isn’t as sweet.

“I’m so sorry, Max,” I whispered softly, biting my light pink lip lightly and trying to avoid his beautiful blue-hazel eyes.

“Don’t worry about it, Lily. I understand,” He said back softly, kissing my forehead gently and beginning to re-button my dress shirt for me. “You want your first time to be special and that’s okay with me,” He said, smiling a bit.

I smiled wide, looking up at him with my icy blue eyes sparkling happily. “Really?” I asked, extremely happy that he understood why I stopped things before they got too hot and heavy.

I didn’t really want to be screwed on a desk during school; that just doesn’t sound pleasant. Plus, it would be my first time so I kind of want it to be special. Sounds cliché, but oh, well.

He nodded, still smiling a bit as he pecked my cheek, finishing buttoning my shirt and reluctantly pulling his hands away. “Really.” He repeated, looking into my eyes before I pulled away reluctantly. “Lily?”

“Hmm?” I said distractedly, hopping off the desk and slipping my heels back on, straightening out my shirt and skirt. His hands cupped my face, making me look at him again.

“Go on a date with me.” He said with a grin on his soft lips, kissing me softly before pulling away softly, looking at me excitedly. “Tomorrow. Since it’ll be Saturday, we can go to the beach, have some fun, come back to town, and have dinner. How does that sound?”

“Amazing,” I breathed, pulling him back to my lips and kissing him, smiling into the kiss. I have no idea what’s with either of us lately, but it’s…nice.

We both reluctantly pulled away, looking into each other’s eyes before continuing to pack up our things and making sure we looked okay. Satisfied, he took my hand and led us out of the empty classroom, carrying both of our bags. I smiled, blushing a bit as I followed him to my locker.

The hallways were now empty, but neither of us had a clue what time it was. Apparently, we were in there for a while. I opened my locker, shoving my bag in and checking the time on my phone. Nearly lunchtime, we only had five minutes.

Closing my locker, I spoke, “We’ve got five minutes ‘til lunch,” He nodded in response, taking my hand and leading me to his locker. I leaned against the locker besides his as he opened his locker, putting his things in it.

I thought for a moment, biting my lip and glancing over at him. “Maxwell?” His head shot up to look at me, arching a brow at me. “What does this make us?” I finally asked.

Maxwell looked into his locker, lost in thought. “I don’t know,” He said finally after a minute or two of silence, looking over at me and closing his locker. “Do you want us to be something?”

I bit my lip harder, looking away from him and looking at the ground instead. I didn’t know how to answer that question, honestly. Maxwell was a player when I had met him, but he didn’t act that way anymore. I was stuck. “I-I don’t know, Max,” I whispered softly.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and holding me close. “What is making you doubt ‘us’?” He asked huskily into my ear, sending shivers down my back.

I took a deep breath. “You,” I began. “Your player ways worry me, Maxwell. How do I know I could trust you in a relationsh-,”

My question was cut off when his soft lips pressed firmly against mine. The passion that seemed to be between us burned brightly, making my toes curl and slowly wrap my arms around his neck. Sure, I hadn’t been kissed a lot before, but I knew that kiss was different from all the rest.