Another Day

And, there's the abandon doll that probably some child left behind, their teacher urging the children to get out while they still can. The doll had a gas mask on it, the plastic tan skin with why dry wall ash on it slightly.

 The doll had a gas mask on it, the plastic tan skin with why dry wall ash on it slightly

Valentin snatched the doll and observed. He was into the whole science thing but I was just more into exploration.
"You should really set that back down, let it be preserved"  Ivetta said slowly.
"What, it's not like anyone will notice. Pripyat is practically a ghost town." Valentin stated.
I rolled my eyes and mumbled "yeah."
He was right, Pripyat was a ghost town but it was beautiful, quiet, original, it had personality without all the people here now. Oh and speaking of ghosts, me and Valentin are ones. No, we didn't rise from the underworld known as hell and no we aren't angels from heaven. We are just the spirits of a disastrous city. I glanced at the doll again and sighed. Valentin patted my shoulder and I looked at him with a worriedly smile.
"Let's go explore some more Invetta" he beckoned his head towards the exit. 
I smiled and left with him, walking down the dark hallways since there was no electricity to use. The only light source that was a use was the window at the end of this dark, peeling away place.

 The only light source that was a use was the window at the end of this dark, peeling away place

Ivetta ran her fingers gently against the wall, not like she could feel it. She knew she died because she died in the basement of the Pripyat hospital next to her friend Valentin. We got thyroid cancer within days and the doctors said we could be too radioactive to evacuate so, we were left behind to rot and die. So now it's just me and my best friend Valentin. Exploring our small world, known as Pripyat.