Runner

Redna without glasses.↑↑↑↑
------
The wind hit me head on as I ran past the blurred trees. My feet hurt and my legs were going numb, but I couldn't stop running. If I did, I'd be caught. Again. Getting caught for the twelfth time this month didn't sound like something I wanted to go through with.

"Redna, get your sorry ass back here," An authoritative and demanding voice bellowed. I forced myself to go through the pain and pushed myself harder.

'Redna, you're going to hurt yourself more if you don't let me take control' My wolf, Wren, tried to reason with me.

'How much control do you plan on having?' I pushed myself faster and tore through the path of blurry leaves as I waited for a response that would never come. A sudden howl filled my ears as a gigantic black wolf with piercing red eyes appeared in front of me. I skidded to a stop before him and fell to my knees, already giving up. Tears of pain and misery were already forming in my eyes, but I held them back. I grit my teeth as he growled at me, keeping myself from snapping back at him. He growled louder this time and stepped closer to me.

'Submit to him, Redna. Then stab him in the back and walk away' Wren suggested thoughtfully.

I smiled a little to myself at her suggestion and slowly pushed myself up on my staggering legs. I felt as if I was getting stabbed by millions of butcher knives, I felt ready to collapse yet I stayed upright. Breathing in deeply, I stood tall and raised my chin proudly before the mighty wolf. I watched as he suddenly pounced on me and pinned me to the ground. His front paws were on either side of my shoulders and his back paws were on either side of my feet. His glowing red eyes went dark and filled with lust. He growled darkly and put his snout closer to my face where I could see all his teeth. I whimpered and curled into a ball under him, protecting myself from the monster above me.

'Good job, now use my strength to kick him off.' I could hear the smirk she had on her face.

A twig snapped nearby and his snout pulled up, away from me to look at where it came from. I took the opportunity to uncurl myself and bring my legs up to his stomach. As Wren took over and used her strength to kick him off, I watched from afar in her mind, grinning from ear to ear. He grunted as he skidded back a few feet. Wren took this as a chance to shift and ran as hard as she could. The wind tried to push us back, but we kept running. I sensed the borderline dead ahead, just a few more feet.

'Freedom!!!' Wren squealed as we passed the borderline. She kept running, not paying attention to anything we passed. We were so filled with joy at this moment that we didn't realize we were on another pack's territory.

As we slowed down to a strut, Wren gave me control and went back to the depths of my mind. I turned back into my human form, collapsing onto the soft dirt. I curled up and closed my eyes, getting closer and closer to sleep. Just as I was about to drift off to the pit of darkness, a smell washed over me. This smell was like no others, it smelled of fresh rain on an early Spring morning. It was so soothing and comforting, I fell asleep thinking I'd be safe from anything and anyone.

-----
Hewo, welcome to my new book, it's the first chapter of my second book and I know it's not that good, don't really care doe. My other one is on hold since I'm thinking of new ideas for it and trying to fix the plot holes. Anywho, I know this chapter is short. I just wanted to start the story and have an alternate thing to work on. Anyway, buh bye. !. !