Chapter one

Chapter one - Surprise

I look up at her, looking deep into her eyes, looking for any kind of uncertain or humor, but all I find is love, seriousness and assurance.

"So you really love me then?" I ask her nervously. I can’t believe she really said that. I have been in love with her for ages, I never thought this day would come. Jessica Ellen Cornish, the girl that is now standing in front of me. I didn't think this would happen. Ever.

"I love you, I love you so much! You are funny, beautiful, adorable, you care for me. You are just more than anyone can ask for. You make me smile, just the thought of you make me smile. When I see you I get butterflies.  I just love you, a lot. Will you please marry me?" She finished her little speech. She sounded nervous and she seems scared, scared that I will say no, maybe even scared that I will leave her side.

The alarm clock that Danny bought from Mexico and gave me for my last birthday rings loud in the room right beside my ear.

I turn around to look at my night table before smashing my hand on the clock so it stops ringing. Although it's nine I can't help but smile. Apart from the clock there is also a picture of me and Danny. Danny has his messy hair in the perfect length with a black hat on the back of his head. His arms are wrapped around my waist from the behind and he is kissing my cheek. I have my arms on his and I'm smiling big. We were in Hawaii on the beach and in the background of the photo is this enormous sea. It was beautiful. I remember after this photo was taken he spun me around and kissed me lovingly. He lifted me up in his arms and then he ran into the water, we still had our clothes on. I love him so much.

The second reason to why I'm a bit happy to wake up is that the clock is nine. Even though that is a reason to make me sad. It's complicated. But lately I've had to wake up at five to go to work and finish my third album. Now I'm finally done with it and I have an interview at one. I had an interview around two days ago too but this is the first time I can sleep in a bit.

I squeeze my eyes shut for two seconds and then rub them and yawn big to wake myself up even more. I stand up looking through my closet to find something to wear. I would lie to myself if I said I don't care what I'm wearing today. Usually I care too, everyone will see me and judge me for them but I'm doing my own thing. I won't change my style so they like it. It's always someone that won't like it and I am who I am. If people don't like me as I am then it's their problem, not my. I can't be loved by everyone. However, I usually try to look nice when I walk outside but today is a special day. Today it's six years ago Danny and I met.

After half an hour of choosing clothes I ended up with a brown-grey skirt and a shirt in the same color. I want to dress fancy since I am planning to meet Danny today, to surprise him but I can't dress too fancy since I have an interview today and I don't want anyone to be suspicious. Danny and I are public with our relationship, it's not that. I just think that if I dress too fancy it will wake other kinds of thoughts. Marriage, pregnancy, just something that isn't on our map at all.

After making myself a sandwich for breakfast and wrapping it in plastic I put it down in my black purse with my other belongings (my phone, wallet, keys, small mirror and some make-up in case I have too re-do it. You never know what happens.) and pour some coffee in my coffee mug with a lid, that is made to carry around. I grabbed my jacket and stepped out of the door.

As always my driver, Bob, was packed outside of my house in his black Volvo with blacked windows. We try to blend in as much as we can to not draw any attention to us.

"Did you have a nice morning?" he asks me while I'm picking up my breakfast.

"Yes, it was so nice to finally get some more sleep. These last weeks has been like hell! I basically didn't sleep at all and I barely got time to eat nor time to go to the gym. How was yours?" I ask him kindly.