0 : 1

──── •◦ ❈ ◦• ────

──── •◦ ❈ ◦• ────

Author

Camila's side 

   Droplets of the remaining rain slid down the smooth surface of the brightly-colored umbrella, and onto the hard cemented ground. Cars honked as heavy traffic prevented many from going home. A soft sigh left her lips before she proceeded in her steps to the other side of the street. A bag of groceries in one hand and a yellow colored umbrella in the other as she made her way home. A frown was placed apon her face when seeing a child run to its parents. Her breath hitched as her grip on the two items grew stronger. She could feel her throat dry up, her nose hairs were starting to burn, and her eyes intensely staring at the happy family not blinking once.

"Mommy!! Daddy!! Look!! Look!! Its a puddle ~ "

"Wahh!! Don't jump in!! "

   A sweet melodic giggle left her small lips as she held onto her parents hands. Water splashed here and there. None of them were able to restrain themselves from letting out a laughter. She was too young to understand that happiness was something that was limited and was never a lasting feeling. Her heart desired to stay in that innocent and happy moment. Little did she know what hearbreaking tragedy she was about to witness in her childhood years. A beautiful bonding moment destroyed by a small crave for happiness. All of them unaware and caught up in the euphoric memeory that wasn't meant to hold much value ── did when within the blink of an eye-

   * Tires Screeching *

  "Mommy!!! Daddy!!! "

   A loud scream echoed across the cloudy filled skies, before sirens came into view. Blurry visions filled her eyes as she screamed as loud as she could. She cried her heart out that rainy filled nightmare. Deafening sounds of her sobs filled the rainy day. Never did she thought that would be the last time she saw them. The last moment she would be with her dearest parents whom she loved.

   Unaware of the tears streaming down her cheeks, she stared in oblivion towards the happy family. The flashback hit her like that memory ─── everything went by like a blur. Too fast to recall the last mili-second she had with the two people she loved the most. She wiped away her tears and walked into her apartment building. Dropping the groceries onto the couch, she made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. Letting the warm water drip down her body, her thoughts flowing out. Drying herself, she went out and made herself dinner.

   Nothing but the silence and emptyness of her living space engulfed her in a tight embrace of loneliness. She grew accustomed to living by herself and having to nuture her well being. Paying rents were a tough job as she was only in high school, but she managed. She learned that money isn't something that just falls onto your hands and you had to earn it. That money is what this world comsumes and lives by. Something as simple as a piece of paper is what drives people to starve, grow greedy, and kill our ecosystem, increasing environmental issues. She was so sick and tired by how humans lived, but then again what has she done to help? She was just as bad as those people to not lend a hand.