•1•

Jennie

I gave Lisa and Chaeyoung a half-smile and looked back down at the table, sighing softly. It had been three weeks since Seulgi had broken up with me, and I was still a wreck.

It didn't particularly help that Chaeng and Lisa were flaunting their relationship 24/7.

My head shot up like it always did when someone entered the café. I guess I still hoped that Seulgi would come back.

A dark haired girl, about my age, walked in and sat down without buying anything. She walked stiffly, composed herself as if she was going to break any second.

Lisa looked up and wolf-whistled. "Hey, Jen. It's been a while since Seulgi. I see the perfect way to get over her."

I blushed furiously. "Would you shut up? She's sitting right behind us!" I hissed. Yes, she's adorable, you don't need to tell me that.

"Hey, that's the girl that transferred to YG yesterday," Chaeyoung said, arching her neck to look at the girl.

Lisa clapped her hands gleefully. "JenJen doesn't have a roommate! Oh, what if you two share a room, then a bed, then–"

I smacked her arm and half-snarled, half-begged her to stop. "Look, Limario, this isn't the time–don't you and Chaeng have something important you have to get done?"

Chaeyoung blushed as Lisa curled her fingers around the back of Chaeng's neck. "Well, um..."

Lisa butted in, already standing up with her purse slung over her shoulder. "Yep, Rosie still owes me a lap dance. But first–" Lisa tapped Chaeng's shoulder.

Chaeyoung stood up and whistled. "Hey, you! Jiwoo, or something!"

The girl whipped her head up and stared at us with wide, sparkling brown eyes. "Jisoo," she said quietly.

Lisa waved her hand dismissively. "Jisoo, meet Jennie. Jennie, Jisoo. Don't you dare come home before 10."

Jisoo blanched. "H-hello, Jennie."

I gave Lisa the middle finger and reluctantly sat down across from Jisoo. "Hey," I mumbled, taking quick glances at her face. Her eyes were gorgeous, I'd give her that.

And her lips, her cheeks, her hair, her neck, her–

Yeah. You get it.

Jisoo checked her watch nervously and turned to me with an almost terrified look on her face. "I-uh, can you h-help me find m-my new dorm room?"

I nodded absentmindedly. "What's your room number?" I asked, struggling to look anywhere but her face.

"T-two-oh-six," Jisoo stuttered, picking up her things.

I could feel the blood rushing to my face. "Two-oh-six, you sure?"

"M-mhm."

I finally looked up at her, and the sight shocked me. She looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"O-oh!" I said quickly. "Um, that's my room, we can head there now."

Jisoo stayed silent, following me out the door with feather-light footsteps.

•••

"Is that chicken?" Jisoo called out hopefully, watching me take something out of the microwave.

I smiled, glad that she was feeling better. "Yeah, you want some?"

She jumped onto my bed, not making a sound as she landed. "I love chicken!"

I sat back, watching her gobble down the chicken strips. After a while, she looked up with bright eyes, heart-shaped lips forming an adorable pout.

"Are you sure you don't want any, Jennie?" she asked me, waving a chicken strip in front of my face. "Here, Jennie, Jennie, Jennie."

She was momentarily surprised when I leaned forward and ate the piece out of her hand, but quickly picked up another one and laughed. "Come to unnie! You want some chicken?" Jisoo said with aegyo.

I decided to make a bold move, taking the chicken out of her hand and feeding it to her. At first she froze, which scared me, but then she clapped and rolled off the bed, delighted.

"It's late, Jisoo," I said after finishing the chicken. "We should get to bed."

It wasn't that late, but it was storming out, and there was nothing else to do. Besides, Jisoo was yawning every five minutes or so, and while it was adorable, I figured she needed some rest.

The moment I said those words, she froze. With a quick glance at the window, she nodded and snatched her pyjamas from the messy pile in front of her bed.

I could hear her whimpering in the bathroom.

•••

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of crying. I shot up instantly and got out of bed. Jisoo was huddled under her blanket, whimpering every time thunder boomed outside.

"Jisoo?" I whispered, lifting the blanket. "You okay?"

She stared back at me with teary eyes. "N-no."

I thought of my brother, Seokjin, who couldn't sleep when it was thundering out, and got an idea.

"Jisoo, if you're scared, you can... um... sleep with me t-tonight," I managed to say. The moment those words left my mouth, I blushed.

She's gonna say no, why did you even try? It's not like she's going to decide to share a bed with a complete stranger, now she's going to hate me–

"R-really?" Jisoo asked hopefully, cocking her head to the side.

I nodded. "I mean, if you want to..."

She gave me a small smile and stood up. "Thank you..."

I sat back down on my bed and made room for Jisoo next to me. She hesitantly laid down next to me, stiffly holding herself so she wouldn't be touching me. I sighed inwardly.

Boom.

Jisoo shrieked and latched herself onto me, trembling. I cautiously wrapped my arm around her and rubbed circles on her back.

"Shh," I murmured, feeling hot tears slowly trickling down her face. She must be really scared.

"Don't worry," I said softly. "Don't worry."
________________________

i really don't know where i'm going with this story at all

i guess we'll see how this goes

ah let's see if i can get at least three votes i'll be happy