One step closer

12:35 pm- Dean blows off Castiel to hang out with his brother. Dean forgot to call him.

2:31 pm- Dean shows up at castiel's house apologizing for being late.

4:57 pm- Dean looks at Castiel, his best friend. Dean was not a homophobe he was just shocked. His best friend just kissed him. Dean backed up and looked away before shaking his head. "Cas.. No. Just- no.. Don't do that." Dean turned and ran away.

5:02 pm- Dean texts him apologizing for running away. He sends dozens of messages that are unread.

5:46 pm- Dean goes to castiel's house and kisses his cheek. "I'm sorry I was such an ass before.. I love you"

5:47 pm- Castiel stares at dean before kissing his cheek "I know dean"

7:00 pm- Dean got a phone call but didn't answer it. The message was simple "I love you, you're my whole world. Goodbye Dean Winchester"

The world seemed to blur when Dean discovered a body in the river. A boy, 18 years old, bright blue eyes now a cold dull grey, black hair, pale fair skin scarred and bruised by the rocks below. He seemed to move in slow motion as he drove down to the river bed "cas.. That's my best friend.. No please I love him" dean heard himself say when someone held him back. "If you truly loved him you would've saved him" the old woman said gripping his arm. Then everything when black.