Just answer the damn question

The Pikase household was quiet.. almost too quiet. With the couple nowhere in sight, Kuro was left to his own devices in the living room. Oliver, the thing Piko decided to adopt — the reason as to why was beyond him..Did he really need a kid??— kept him company, much to his dismay. The blond sat on the loveseat adjacent to him, surrounded by action figures. The silence, only broken by the squeaking of plastic as the kid posed them one by one, was starting to drive him crazy. Something had to be done. They had to say something, at the least.

"So..."

Oliver looked up at him with his single visible eye. Kuro was set on making some sort of conversation, even if he hated kids.

"What happened to your eye?"

"None of your business."

Ouch. "What's your favourite colour?"

"None of you-"

"Okay, really? Just answer the damn question."

"...It's yellow. What's yours?"

"Burgundy. Where are your parents?"

"Parent. Mama's at the store. Fukase's...somewhere. I don't know."

"I see..."

Geez, this kid was tough to talk to. Kuro watched him for a moment, Oliver's small hands carefully handling his toys. He could only assume Piko bought them for him, most likely as a reward for good behavior. That sounded like a very Piko thing to do.

The silence was broken once more.
This time by Oliver.

"Do you like birds..?"

"Birds are alright."

"Do you wanna see my bird..?"

"You've got a bird?"

A nod.

Of course he did. Piko was his 'mother'. This kid was spoiled, no doubt. "Sure. Show me your bird."

Oliver, almost immediately, sat his figures aside and hopped from the loveseat. He took hold of Kuro's wrist, giving it a tug to lead him down the hallway.

This kid seemed alright. He definitely had Kuro's attention. Why didn't he call Fukase dad? Did he not like him? Why did he seem so antisocial? He'd have to get to the bottom of this..