Chapter 1 Mixed Feelings

//Karats POV//
Karkat walked around his small room. Instead of the normal recoopricorn he was used to he had what the humans called a bed. It worked well for when he woke up crying and shaking from the night terrors. Sadly none of the others ever came to check on him because his room was so far away from the others.

There was a loud clang of metal, Karkat jumped letting out a terrified whimper, flashbacks from gamzees rampage came back to him and he fell to his knees crying, he hadn't known he yelled until there was a knock on the door.

"G-Go A-Away" he cried trying to calm himself.

"Karkat, dude it's just me, open the door" a familiar voice called. It was dave, Karkat got scared, he'd always though Dave hated him. Shaking, Karkat opened the door stepping back red tinted tears falling down his face, he looked away.

"Dude, are you crying?" He asked shocked and worried. Karkat didn't respond, he only wiped his eyes and sat down, Dave sat by him. "Karkles what's wrong?" Dave asked but karkat didn't respond.

After a short pause and careful prying Dave got an answer out of karkat. It shocked him, the troll he though was self-centered, angry, and temperamental was actually broken, sad, depressed, and lonely.

Dave made a decision, he would do whatever he could to protect karkat. He pulled the crying troll into a hug and rubbed his back. karkat buried his face in Daves chest holding onto him as he started to calm down.

Dave sighed and stood up holding karkat, he walked out of the room and went to his own room. Karkat, tired from all the crying fell asleep in his arms.