Chapter 28

Cora's POV:

Returning home with everyone, I kept thinking on how to tell my mate I was pregnant. Did he even want kids right now? I mean...we are still teenagers. And then! How would Parker react? Would our bond be finally and completely broken? I sure hope so. 

"Cora, mon amour."

Jerking my head towards Klaus, I stared at him in confusion for a moment. But after a few seconds, I looked at my surroundings and realized we were back at the pack house. Oh, I feel silly. Smiling bashfully at him, I hopped down from the vehicle and met him halfway. Standing up on my tippy toes, I kissed him gently on the lips. 

"I think I'm going to go for a run by myself, I'll be up to bed shortly." I said pulling away and turning towards the words. I heard him call out a response after me but I couldn't really pay attention to it with so many questions swarming my mind. 

Arriving at the edge of the woods, I shifted into my glorious shiny wolf. Feeling like I hadn't been in my wolf form for a while, I trotted for a bit, relishing the feel of the forest floor beneath my paws. Then, I ran. I ran like I was experiencing Parker's rejection all over again, I ran like I was running towards my future, to Henry, to saving Henry's life, to meeting the love of my life and my mate, Klaus. 

Slowing down, I stopped at a rather large tree, and shifted. I was tired, but I was happy. This had cleared my mind. Hearing twigs crunch, I snapped my head towards to direction it came to see who was approaching. Parker. 

"Hey." My first mate said quietly. 

"What do you want?" Seeing him had caused him to tense up, one can never be too careful. 

"Cora, I um, I just wanted to really apologize. I mean, I didn't even give you a chance and even if I was going to reject you I could have been more gentle about it. Ya know? But you were just so ugly back then and you didn't have any friends and Nessa had all of it. She still does, but you do too now! And I know you have that Niklaus guy now, but come on. You don't have to use him to make me jealous. I will accept you now, but nobody else can know. Vanessa is the Luna and you can just be behind the scenes, ok?"

I looked at the man--nay, boy in front of me in disgust. What the fuck? Did I seriously just listen to him apologize, justify his rejection, accuse me of using another man to make him jealous, and then proposition me into becoming his mistress? I stared at him in disbelief for a few more moments before I could form a coherent reply. 

"Are you- are you fucking kidding me? What the hell is wrong with you! You treated me like shit, and you still don't have a goddamn ounce of respect for me! And you still have these delusions that I'm in love with you, listen. I know you grew up perfectly, so I don't know what happened for you to have such a sick, deranged mind! Jesus Christ, Parker. Grow the fuck up, the world does not revolve around you."

Turning around, I ran back to the house without shifting. This place will never be home. Thankfully, by the time I reached my destination, I had calmed down. Hopefully, Parker was still dumbfounded and standing in the forest like the loser he was. 

Covered in sweat, I entered our bathroom where I found Klaus in the shower. Stripping, I hopped in with him. He was washing my back when I turned around and pressed my chest against his. 

"Klaus..."

"Yes, darling?"

"I, um, I'm pregnant."