Start Here

Rain was the best gift for me. I love it more than those fancy things though I appreciate the efforts and all attentions I gained. But it was never enough for me.

Rains were hindrance for some people. Obstruction. Or impediment. Coz rains makes the hard bound mud into soft, ewwy, sticky and dirty mud. Kaartehan. Heh. Deal with your own life and let rain pour its own water. Let it be.

I woke up with the same impression with these past days, years or decades. Torn. Bored. Tired. Lonely. All I know this day were different because its my birthday. The date has its own title, I never even gave it a special treatment or more like celebration. My family was the one who celebrates it, and I was the one who mourns for it. I lived another year, thats a miracle. Yey. Surely, living is different from being alive.

I never got myself up to bed. My bed was my other half. My happiness. It was the only thing that knows about my feelings, my thoughts on everything and my cries in night. I am secretly, unconditionally inlove with my own bed. I love you bed.

I got my eye glasses and a book - I borrowed to my friend, for me to read while lying in my bed. I notice dark aura of the clouds out of my window. I was already smiling. My gift is coming.

Hours and hours passed until my mother came back from errands, I suddenly sneaked out to my room and ate my late breakfast while my mother is calculating all the things she bought. When I finished my breakfast, the clouds were still dark and ready to pour its own water. But then, there were still no rain. I pout.

I came back to my room and again lied down to my bed. Thinking on how to spend this day again. I took my phone and opened the screen lock, after that, my message inbox were booming with greetings and all. My social media accounts too. I started to reply them with thank you, and shut down my phone.

I am done reading the book. So, I watched my favorite anime. And then got bored again. So, I shut off the television. I lay flat down in my bed again. Trying to figure what I'm going to do for this day. It was already 11am, nothing happened.

I decided to stand up, take a bath, wear my clothes - white blouse inside my red candy jumper pants, white keds sneakers and white sophia martin sling bag. I ponytailed my hair and wear my contact lenses.

When I am about to go outside my room, the door opened, it startled me and my mother was already laughing. Ha-ha funny.

"Gagawin mo na ang 'STROLL HOURS' mo?" tumawa ako kay Mama habang tinitignan niya ang kanyang relo.

"Opo. I'll be back before dinner." I assured her. Her left eyebrow shot up, like she was suspecting me for something. Something I dont know. But she knows.

"You should be. Your father was planning something for you. Kahit na alam niyang ayaw mong binibigyan ka ng bagay." tumango ako sa kanya, habang papalabas kami sa sala, I stepped out our house, leaving my mother.

I waved at her, while she smiled at me. And close the door. I rode a cab, and found myself at the convenience store. They call it stroll hours because I stroll everywhere I went and everywhere I want to check a place. They gave me money for five hours of strolling, it was worth more than twenty thousand, sometimes I only spent less than one thousand or less than five thousand. The money was spent for the food I wanted to eat. Only food and movies I watched.

Sometimes, I spend my strolling on a resort, on a place full of restaurants, on a forest, an ocean park or animal zoo, on my friend's villa, malls, island hopping (on my own) and other streets or what-so-ever. I can protect my self with mugglers, kidnapper or pick-pockets. I was trained for defense purpose only.

Anyway, I bought 500 ml non-fat milk and drink it while reading the book I bought too. I sit down with their stools, I glance at the outside clouds again. It was still dark, but there was no rain. I rolled my eyes. No gift from God, I see. Heh.