Chapter 1: Plain Average Delinquency

"Come down, Amari!" The shout of Amari's father echoed through the tiny halls as Amari ran, tumbling through her way down in her small apartment stairs.

"Coming!" She grabbed her school vest, rushing for the main door.

"FINALLY!" Her father exclaimed impatiently. Amari, still dazed and confused, nodded.

Her father gave her a jumbled look. "Don't nod like that. You might be mistaken as a mental patient or something."Amari nodded again. This time, properly. Her dad looked at her and shot her a stern look. "Don't you dare embarass me!" he added. Amari felt upset. She hated him. I miss my mum, she thought.

She didn't want  her father to notice her as her eyes swelled up. Slowly, she put her head up, hiding her tears.

"Let's go!" he commanded, forcefully making Amari walk like a soldier.

I wish I was a boy instead, Amari thought. All her life, Amari was an embarassment because her father wanted a boy. A boy to continue the legacy. Their legacy. The legacy of Military Generals. . . .Until Amari came.

"Tortoise! Don't be lazy! You disrspectful young lady!" Her dad's scream woke Amari's daydreaming mind.

"I'm sorry dad. Don't worry, I'll hurry on." As if I'm the one he'll be worrying about, Amari thought. Amari bowed her head and scurried on. "Bye" Amari said faintly.

Amari walked slowly until she was out of her father's view. Amari ran and ran until she reached her school's main gates.

"Good Morning, Ari- chan!" said a girl with short brown pixie cut. Amari smiled, pushing her thoughts away.

"Morning, Saya- chan." Amari greeted shoving her messy braid to the back.

Amari and Saya walked to the front door, escorting themselves to their lockers.

"So...." Saya started, "What's happening in the life of Amari?" Saya cooed. Amari laughed sacastically and rolled her eyes.

  "Ha-Ha." Saya grinned and closed her locker.

"I'll be going now. You?" Saya asked, about to leave. "No thanks. We're in different classes anyway." Amari waved.

Saya nodded and walked for the hallway. Before Saya fully left, she stopped.  "Don't worry. See you at break time." Amari smiled and continued. Saya left leaving Amari to fix herself.

"Class 1-A ahead" Amari sighed.

Walking for her room, she spotted a boy with messy black hair, square glasses over his bright blue eyes and a face mask covering his face.

Suspicious.

Amari thought.

Amari tiptoed behind him swiftly. Amari was very unnoticable being a child of a military general. She was trained for these kind of things. Slowly, she cornered him.

Bullseye.

Aaaaaahhhh!

The boy screamed pushing Amari away from him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Amari felt confused and walked away. The boy walked near her and pushed her to the wall. "Tough girl. I'm not a criminal you know?! Damn. You must be crazy." he said walking away.

Amari dusted her skirt. She was so embarassed but as she was about to apologize...... he was gone.

Weird. Hard to believe if he's a criminal or not.
Amari thought.

*Brrrrrrnnggggg*

"Oh no, I'm late!" Amari ran as fast as she can reaching the closed door. Damn.