Chapter 5: Friends

"FINALLY!" their english teacher marveled as the pair walked inside the school's gigantic music room. Amari amused at the sight of the elegantly decorated room. Gold painted outline, cream colored walls and arc shaped windows.

"Wow." Amari said, breathtaken.

Maki smiled and shot her a confused look. "Aren't you used to this? You know... the mansion and all" he asked, crunching his nose. Amari shook her head and felt embarassed. Her teacher felt a rush of pity and hit Maki hard on the head.

"Come here!" she scolded,  pulling Maki away from Amari.

"How can you be so insensitive!" she whisperesd to him. The boy shrugged and grabbed a pair of glasses from his pocket. "Sure." he said, definitely bored. The teacher sighed and grabbed a paper from her pocket.

"1-5 star rating." she said, shoving the paper. Maki fixed his glasses on his face and grabbed the paper. Slowly, he walked towards Saya and Amari.

"Where's Kirina?" he asked confused where his girlfriend is.  Saya shrugged and patted his back.

"She was kidnapped by a group of gangsters down koi street beside the Alfamart." Saya teased. Maki froze on the spot and grabbed a dagger from his leather bag.

"Did you see where direction they went?!" he exclaimed. Saya laughed in response. Maki got enraged and swiftly, he swung the dagger to Saya's throat.

"Death is not a laughing matter." These words coming from Maki himself made Amari feel heavy. Saya shrugged his realistic threat and laughed.

"I was just joking. I would've called her precious 'Teddy Boo' earlier if she really was." Maki loosened his grip and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He looked at Amari with his suddenly void hazelnut eyes.

"A..mar..i... can...you...help...me....si...si...sit...down...." he asked, stuttering faintly every word. He suddenly seemed so tired and void.

"Maoku!" Kaido-sensei scolded. She was definitely angry.

"Detention now until 6:30!" she commanded. Saya complained, "but I was just joking" Kaido -sensei was not pleased. She glared at Saya and pointed towards the door.

"Now!" she said harshly. Saya sighed and bowed her head. "Yes, sensei." she said, disappointed.

Quickly, her teacher's attention moved to Maki. "Oh dear! Amari can you please get him some water?" she asked, lifting Maki away from Amari

"Sure."

Amari obeyed, grabbing her water from her bag. "Here." she said, giving the water to her sensei. Her teacher's expression was very pale and scared.

"Maki! You should calm down. You know it's bad for you to get worked up!" she scolded. Amari shot her teacher a confused look. Her teacher showed her a frown.

"I'll explain later but we should probably bring him to the infirmary first. " she assured. Amari nodded and helped her teacher lift Maki.

Maki's quite heavy, Amari thought.

Amari silently helped her teacher. After a few moments, her teacher left her with Maki.

Maki tried opening his eyes but he couldn't do it properly. "Don't force yourself. I'll call Kirina." Amari said, hoping she could encourage her target. He looked at Amari in the eye and grabbed her hand. "NEVER, I mean NEVER call Kirina!" he said looking stern yet beat up. Amari smiled and fixed her hold on Maki. Quietly, they walked the late corridors under the glowing light of the scarlet sunset.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Maki marveled, carefully regaining his strength. Amari nodded, shocked.

"So, where did Akane-sensei go?" he asked holding the side of the corridor. Amari shot him a confused look.