Prologue

Anna's point of view

My image was blurry, only able to make out the angry man in front of me.

The intense ringing sound gave me a headache, causing me to fall to my knees.

"Stand up you whore!" He yelled in a mighty rage, grabbing my shoulder, forcing me up.

My vision cleared as I stood up. I looked around a second, finally meeting with his eyes. His eyes were practically bulging out of his skull, the veins in his forehead were beating fast. His grip tightened, causing me to wince in pain.

"Do you know what you did?" Father asked, releasing his hand.

I shakily scooted away, "No, Sir. I don't know."

"You never do. You are a dumb bitch, just like your Mother. She was a lying, cheating, dirty skank who only used me for money. Always sleeping around, always has someones mouth on hers. I'm not doing this anymore." My Father pushed, pinning me against the wall.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask regretfully, knowing he was about to hit me.

"I want you to leave. You have 3 hours to be gone, or else you won't be able to see the light of day." He answered.

I had just graduated Highschool, I was just accepted into college. Falling to me knees, I cried.

I followed his directions. Packing up and leaving, I said one final goodbye to my home.

2 weeks later:

I slept on the streets at night and begged for anything during the day. My thoughts were hopeful, but the world dragged me down.

But today is special, it is my Birthday. My 18th to be precise. And today, I finally had the money to get a bus ticket to LA.

In the spring, I was accepted into UCLA with a full 4 year scholarship. My Father was so proud of me, his face was the best I had seen in a while.

But, that time had gone. He is dead to me. I have no Father, just a worthless man worth Shit.

I packed up all my stuff and headed to the bus station.

"One ticket to LA please." I say, my head down as low as my life.

After paying, I boarded my bus. There, I saw someone.

He was a fairly medium height, not being taller than 5'7. He had brunette, gelled back hair and golden brown eyes.

I couldn't help but notice that he had muscles, not huge but fairly prominent.

"Like what you see?" The mysterious man asks, turning around.

Our eyes meet, I can see his face. His cheekbones were perfect and he had the cutest freckles.

"What? No, don't be stupid." I answer, embarrassment was vivid in my voice.

"Sure, and I'm Kim Kardashian." He says sarcastically.

I can't help but laugh at his snarky comment.

"The name's Darrell. Take a picture, it might last longer."

The announcements turned on, yelling, "L.A. 27 hours."

"So, you aren't going to tell me your name?" Darrell asks, scooting to the end of his seat.

"No, I just met you. You're a stranger." I answer, turning my head so I wasn't looking at his face.

"Boo hoo. Your loss. I can see you gawking at me. I understand, you want all of this." He says, licking his finger than touching his chest, making a sizzling sound.

"As if."

He laughed a bit, turning back in his seat.

My gaze refocused to out of the window, the landscape was pretty.

I knew that this was just the beginning of something. Whether between Darrell and I or just at school or even being at UCLA.