This Tragedy Is Our Love

This Tragedy is Our Love

Chapter 1

That tragic moment when you realize you're in love. It kills you inside, every inch of your body feels pain. Why? Well because you know that love is evil, that it causes us to do things that we rationally and normally wouldn't do. But why it pains you the most is that you know that you're in love with someone who does not love you, and never will.

I groaned as my alarm clock blared in my ears. Testing started today, a load of stress that I wasn't looking forward to, hours of sitting and writing. I'd rather pound my head into a brick wall for a full day. I reached over to shut my alarm clock off and proceeded to get dressed. I checked my phone, as usual, not a single message. Big surprise. I pulled on my usual black skinny jeans, kitten t shirt, navy jumper and converse. My morning routine is probably no different than yours, besides breakfast because my dad barely ever bought food-ever. He would work for hours then by 1/2 a gallon of milk and a box of corn flakes every other week. He came home then headed off to his girlfriends, I wasn't very fond of her so I didn't really like tagging along, not that I enjoy my dads company much anyway.

I was particularly tired this morning and not looking forward to going to school, so I dragged my feet the whole way there. The cool California air hit my face and blew back my warm and recently straightened brown hair. 'Damn wind' I thought, re adjusting my hair. I walked into the double doors of my school and the atmosphere quickly changed from a quiet peaceful morning to a chaotic, loud shit storm. /lovely/. Ashly came up to me with a broad smile, green eyes lit, surround by her messy red mane of curls and freckles that contrasted from her pale skin. She was one of my best friends.

"Cody!" She called me

"Hey Ash" I replied lazily

"Well aren't you a ray of sunshine this morning!" She said sarcastically, nudging my arm a bit.

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm not really looking forward to a 4 hour test"

"Who is? But you are planning on University...Right?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. I don't have much of an option"

"That's true. Is your dad going to move in with Marry?"

"I don't know. But if he does it won't matter, as soon as I get out of here I'm getting out of there."

Ashly looked concerned "Cody, where are you going to live if you won't live with him? You don't have a job or car or-"

"Ash, i know! But I can't stay there! I'll put all the money I have into University and get a dorm. Maybe I'll find a flat mate at some time."

"Alright" she breathed out, putting a hand on my shoulder "I've got to go to maths for my first exam, see you!" And she walked away, her beautiful hair flowing behind her. She cared about me so much, like family. I knew she didn't plan on going to San Francisco like I did, I'd miss her so much, she was my best friend. I knew that we wouldn't lose touch, that I'd be at her wedding and we would visit on some weekends. But I wouldn't be able to see her everyday or run to her house from the abuse of my father. Her and her welcoming parents wouldn't live just 2 miles away to where I could run quickly and be in the safety of her home.

*2 years ago*

"A-a-shhll-ly" I choked.

"Cody! What's wrong?! Are you alright?" Ashly asked

"N-no. M-my dad. He won't stop hittin-"

"CODY! YOU LITTLE FUCKER GET OUT HERE NOW!" My dad interrupted my voice from the other room

"Cody! Cody?!" I could hear Ashly yell through the phone as I dropped it, taking another blow from my dad.

"Please stop! Please!!" I begged him