Chapter One

Once upon a time, there lived a boy named Mingyu. Well, technically he was already like, what, 16? But anyways. There was a lovely dude named Mingyu Kim.

He loved to read. He really doesn't look like the type to read, but he reads, alright. A lot. He's gotten multiple injuries from reading a book while walking.
He's basically read every single genre out there. From fiction, to non-fiction, uh, fanfics, and even smut actually. He's, gotten a lotta info just by reading.

He's the only literate one, by the way. Yes, that sounds odd. They're in high school and they /should/ be able to read. But unfortunately, Mingyu goes to a school where kids are just...yeah. They don't pay attention in class, I think. But Mingyu does! He's so smart honestly.

So with that introduction outta the way, let's start with the actual plot now, shall we?

Well, our fic here starts with Mingyu on his way home from the grocery store, where he bought some food for him and his Mother. He's a Momma's Boi, you know? He's also just the kindest person in the entire universe. And of course, he was reading something while walking. Do not be like Mingyu. Seriously, don't.

But, since he wasn't paying attention, someone approached him.

You know what? I'm bad at dialogue. Just, imagine Jun as Gaston (no offence to Jun or anyone whose bias is Jun. I love him so dearly, I swear. He'd make an amazing older brother imo) when he was with Belle and tryna flirt with her.

So in this scene, Jun was flirting with Mingyu. Okay you see, Mingyu was actually very popular as well. Both him and Jun were. I mean, whaddya expect? They're both insanely good-looking and attractive. Everyone was either so gay so straight for the two. And Jun just happened to be so gay for himself. And Mingyu.

Now, Mingyu casually tells Jun to go away, face still in his book, not even sparing him a glance. But Jun won't leave just yet.

"But I could let you teach me how to read if I stay here!" (It sounded better in my head)

Mingyu knew Jun and the entire student body was head-over-heels for him. While he is flattered and all, it is kinda annoying.

Basically, this entire scene consisted of Jun flirting and complimenting himself while Mingyu simply ignored him and read his book.

Mingyu finally returned home, safe and sound. His mom greets him and gives him a big and sweet hug, in which Mingyu gladly returns. His mom thanks him for the food and asks about his day. He just sighed. But his mom knew him real well, so that sigh meant that his day could've been better. Then Mingyu tells his mom that he had to return a book to the library.

--

At the library, the usual librarian wasn't there for some reason. He thought of asking the current one about it.

This new librarian was facing the shelves behind the counter. Mingyu thought he seemed pretty young. Could be a college student on a part-time job.

"Excuse me?"

And then. Music played in the background. When this librarian turned around to face him, Mingyu immediately saw the way his hair flipped, his jaw, his nose...man, was he beautiful! But his face. Not that he was ugly or anything. Mingyu thought he looked real cute. But he looked so pale. And tired I mean, look at those dark circles under his beautiful hooded eyes! Is he sick? He must be awfully ill. And his glasses were hung really low, almost at the tip of his nose. But then he pushed it back up so cutely that Mingyu just died on the inside. Hecc, he even forgot what he was actually there for.

"How can I help you?" the librarian asked AND OMG HIS VOICE WAS SO DEEP! He sounds very dead on the inside, though.

"U-uh, I uh, need to return this book." He held the book out and was lowkey expecting them to accidentally brush hands as the male in front of him took the book.

"Are you always this awkward?" the male asked.

Um, I guess you could say Mingyu was a little embarrassed with cheeks flushing red at this point.

"No uh where's Mrs. Withers?" (No one will get the reference) he quickly asked.

"Ah, she just retired unfortunately. She asked me to fill in for her. During the weekends at least. Her granddaughter runs the place most of the week."

"Ah, I see. 'Well that's so soon...' Mingyu "thought". He loved Mrs. Withers. She was like an actual grandmother to him.

"I know. But hey, at least she gets to play Bingo every single day now. She loves playing it." the male said.

"Di-did I say that out loud?"

"Was that not supposed to be out loud? And why do you keep stuttering?"

"So, you'll be the new librarian from now on, right?"

"On weekends, yes. I just said that." Great. Mingyu thought. Well, it wouldn't be so bad, 'cause now he gets to see this beautiful face every other day, but that also means he'll be seeing this beautiful face every other day. He doesn't wanna die young!

He averted his eyes to the gigantic clock on the wall. 6:00! It was almost time for supper! He better be going, otherwise his mother's cooking will turn back into pumpkins! Anyway he says bye to the lovely human being that is now the weekend librarian.

"I have to get home soon. Thanks though...?"

"You can call me Wonwoo. Wonwoo Jeon. Still have to get a name tag." Gosh, even his name was cute.

"Okay, thank you, Wonwoo." And he flashed him a small, yet sweet smile, which Wonwoo also returned.

After that, Mingyu thought he wouldn't mind going to the library every single weekend.