Division

I wake up to a call from Justin and immediately sit up in bed.

"Yeah baby what happened?" I say rubbing my eyes my voice still hoarse from sleeping.

"Just checking in to see how my babygirl is doing," he answers.

"Justin you know I don't wake up till 11:00 I the weekends," I say, squinting to the clock across my bed that reads 9:35.

"Yeah yeah yeah, forget about that listen, your mom home?"

"I already told you she's on a business trip and won't be back until Monday," I say rolling my eyes.

"Well perfect I'll be right over!" He says with excitement rising in his voice.

"No,no,no wait Justin..." my voice trails off as I realize he already hung up. I groan and get up from my bed.

The novel I borrowed from the library was sitting on my nightstand. I had finished it the night after I borrowed it and I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it. It was by far one of the best erotic novels I've read in terms of how excited I got while reading.

I pick up the book and instantly kick it under my bed. What if Justin sees it and starts asking questions?

Just on cue, I hear the doorbell ring downstairs. I hop down the steps in my socks and look through the peep hole. It's Justin of course.

I swing open the door, squinting my eyes from the morning sun. "Hey sleepy head," he says planting a kiss on my forehead.

I close the door, blocking the blinding sun. "Justin why do you have to come so early," I ask trying not to show my annoyance.

"I thought since your momma isn't home we could get right to business," he says as he picks up a pillow from the couch and begins humping it.

I roll my eyes as I take a seat on the couch. "Babe it's too early for that right now."

He dropped the pillow and sits down next to me and starts rubbing my thigh with his hand, slowly creeping his way to my butt.

I fling his hand away and sit up. "Justin you should come back later when I'm actually awake."

"I could make you awake baby, " he says giving a teethy smile. "My dick could be your DayQuil."

This earns him another rolling of my eyes as I give a loud sigh.

He comes closer and starts kissing my neck and I can feel his hot breathe clinging to every area of skin. It makes me cringe; I hate when he kisses my neck.

I try to block him with my hand, but he grabs it and holds it above my head on the couch, pinning me down. "This is from fifty shades of grey I know because it's the only erotic novel I read of yours," he says trying to be sexy.

"Ew Justin, no" I say trying to pry my way from his strong grip.

"You know you like it baby," he says as he puts his finger around the band of my jeans.

"Justin get the fuck off me!" I say pressing harder against his hands which are holding me down.

He releases and immediately stands up from the couch. "What the fuck is your problem Mackenzie?! I don't care about the sex because I don't want to pressure you into doing it even though we've done it a couple times but it's just in general it seems like you've been getting sick of me."

I sit up straighter and look down at my hands. I'm not going to deny that being with Justin hasn't made me as happy as I originally thought it would.

"Baby if something is bothering you I want to be the first to know so I can help, but you just can't keep shutting me out," he says quietly.

I still don't look up from my hands.

"And then when we do have those special moments in bed I feel like I never satisfy you or I'm bad at pleasing you because you always look so bored," he says putting up his hands in surrender.

"So you're trying to say I'm hurting your fragile ego?" I reply with a sarcastic tone.

"What! That's not what I said at all sex is just one of the factors as to how you're acting weird. I want to know if something is bothering you; this isn't about me," he says as I hear his voice rising higher.

"It's nothing," I say with my eyes lowered.

"Baby you never give me attention and honestly that something that I need in a relationship. I don't care if I sound clingy or needy baby because I need you. I need you to tell me you love me, to ask how my day has been, to tell me stories; but lately you've just been so uninterested," he says with a crack in his voice.

"I'm sorry Justin, It's just that lately you've been wanting sex a lot and that's just something that I don't really...like...feel like I'm in the mood all the time," I say staggering for words.

I can see the hurt in his face. "Like I said I don't want to pressure you but without the intimacy and the kisses I just feel when you tell me you love me you're saying is as a friend," he says.

"Well maybe we should be just friends," I say almost surprised at how automatic my response was. I'm taken aback by my own idea but I realize that it is actually what I want.

Justin stands there in front of me in silence. The look of frustration in his face has now twisted into sorrow. "Wait are you serious?"

"I just think that..." before I can finish Justin storms out, slamming the front door.

I loudly sigh and bury my head in my hands. What the hell did I just do?