21 - Break in...and then Scott's mansion.

A/N - Hi all. So, i've been reading some awesome books on here, and most of the authors go 'Ok, so i'll update when i get 'blah blah votes and blah blah comments', i'm thinking of doing this from now on. So I'm thinking that i'll update next when i get 10 reads and one vote on this chapter? Anyway guys i'd just like to reccomend a book that some of you might not have read, most of you probably would have, but its called 'Someone like him' and its by nessa129. She is such an incredible writer so guys go check out her book when you have time :) 

Update: 

~Votes~ 1

~Reads~10

Thanks guys! Dont forget to follow me on instagram whenever you feel like it. 

bethgosper

Chapter 21 –

My mattress was turned upside down, my pictures on my walls were smashed, my pillows were ripped, feathers were everywhere, my carpet was stained with something black. My grey chair in the corner was ripped open and my desk draws were spread across my room and my clothes were everywhere, I turned and my wardrobe doors were smashed off and my clothes were all on the ground in front of them. Scott’s window was broken, the glass smashed. What the hell had Janet done up here? And again, how had dad slept through this! I walked slowly to my bed, the timber head was scratched and the wooden slats that would hold up my mattress were snapped in half. I fell to my knees as I looked around in astonishment, what was Janet looking for? Everything was wrecked. I’d have to have everything replaced. Absolutely everything, all my photos of me and Jenny were smashed and the photo’s ripped. My room needed some work on it but for this to happen…it was scary. My phone rang and I picked it up.

“Hello?” I was frowning and my voice was strained.

“Mia, I’m on my way over now, Blake told me how you were at the old place this afternoon, is everything ok?” I looked down to my free hand and picked up a piece of glass from my photo frame.

“I, um…” My frown was still on my face as I looked at the picture that was in front of me. It was of me and Jenny, we were at the beach, I had a big round straw hat on with a baggie t-shirt and shorts and Jen had her hair down with black sunglasses and a singlet and shorts on. Our arms were around each other and we were smiling widely.

“Mia?” tears were in my eyes as I looked away from the picture and let out a long breath.

“Just um, just come straight up to my room when you get here, dads asleep in his room” I said, my voice breaking.

“Ok,” Scott’s voice was confused. I held the picture in my free hand firmly. I sniffed without even meaning to, I was crying, why was I so upset? Well no wonder why.

“Mia are you crying?” Scott sounded worried.

“Mmmm” I couldn’t speak; I was afraid of what would come out of my mouth. I bit down on my bottom lip and tears spilled over my cheeks. I was scared more than anything, Janet was here and did this and with what she looked like I doubt she could have done this if she was human. What if Max was right? Would the other Morfites come and find me and force me to become their leader? I shook my head. I doubt it.

“I’m almost there, I’ll come straight up” I sniffed again.

“Ok,” I said and hung up. I chucked my phone to the floor and it landed with a low ‘clump’. I stood up slowly and sat on the end of my bed, the timber was hard as I sat on it. Feathers were at my feet and I picked one up and twirled it in my fingers. I heard footsteps coming up the steps in bounds and I took in a deep breath as I looked down at my hands. I expected Scott to say something when he came in but he came and pulled me into a hug. We stood there for several minutes moving side to side slightly and Scott was rubbing my back soothingly.