chapter 2

I sat at some seats finishing off some homework, I had stormed out the house this morning because I don’t want another dad or I don’t want mum dating a guy that isn’t dad, my dad died three years ago. He was stabbed. I haven’t moved on, how can mum? He had a son, my age, I don’t know his name.
Joe and Alex walked past, Joe saw me sitting down, he stared at me, I could see him looking through the corner of my eye, I started to blush, I think he saw because I heard him laugh lightly.
“Joe, let’s go find Riley” Alex ordered, they walked away.
Last night I had thought and thought about Joe and I think I did like him.
Shannon came over to join me, well to copy my homework.

“What’s bothering you?” she asked. Damn she could read me like a book
“Nothing” I replied
“It isn’t nothing Paige, don’t lie to me” She smiled
“I just…I think I like…I like j-Joe” I confessed
Her mouth dropped open “WHAT!!!”
“Shhh don’t tell anyone”
“Joe!! Why him!? Aww that’s so cute. But why him!?” She yelled
“SHANNON!!!” I screamed
“What?”
“Don’t yell it to the whole world, yes I like someone. No big deal but promise me you won’t tell a single living soul!!!”
“Ok I am sorry and I promise I won’t tell”
I looked down. The bell rung, first was English, we had to perform a roll play on a story. I was doing it with Shannon, my friend Vanessa and Liam and Caleb. We were acting out hunger games, only one small part of it.
~lunch~
Shannon came running up to me, “Paige! Paige! Come quick!!!”
“What why?”
“Fight! Fight! There’s a big fight gonna happen on the field now, let’s go watch!”
“n-no thanks”
“COMM’ON!!!!!” Shannon grabbed my arm and dragged me to the field. We went and stood in the crowd, Joe and Alex came and stood they were about 3 meters away from us, I was staring at Joe, he looked over at me, and our eyes met. We were looking into each other’s eyes for about 5 seconds until I broke our gaze, I felt butterflies rise in my stomach.
“EVERYONE OUT THE WAY!!!” Teachers were coming over the field, they split up the fight and pushed away the crowd me and Shannon went and brought some food from the cafeteria, we sat down and talked.

School finished after Math. I walked home slowly dragging my feet along the ground. Dreading what was coming when I got home, I walked even slower when I got to the door. I opened it and closed it.
“Oh, Paige good you are home. Go get into nice clothes, maybe a dress or skirt”
“mum, I don’t have dresses or skirts, only my uniform skirt”
I went upstairs and put on a light blue top and my black ripped jeans, I brushed out my blond/brown hair, it fell just above my hips. It had waves all through it, I brushed my side fringe down.

The doorbell rung and I heard mum open it, they greeted each other I heard the boy talking to mum, I walked down stairs and smiled,
“small world” He smiled
“Agreed” I said back