THE BOY IN THE MIRROR

So we had just moved. Me, my sister and my parents. From living in a small bungalow to living in a massive mansion.
And a bonus: it came with a free mirror. A humongous mirror.
Even after we put in the rest of our luggage, there was still plenty of room. My mother, Erica hated this. She felt that it was too empty so guess what?
She dragged my father, Jacob out with her to get more useless stuff that we didn't need, just so that it would make our house look less empty.

By then, the house literally turned into a museum. There were all these different statues, paintings, artifacts and Erica invited everyone in the neighbourhood over.
Unfortunately, we had to move the mirror into the basement. The basement was empty but Erica did nothing about that. It was just the mirror. Alone. And a boy....

Friday nights where always the best. I would usually made Youtube videos, watched movie marathons and invite my friends over. Tonight wasn't like that. It was a lot creepier.
I was in my room about to record another video when I heard Erica call my name.
" Brady! " it echoed throughout the house. When I got down stairs, Erica and Jacob were all dressed up.
Both of them looked very young, even though both were 45 years old.
" Where are you guys going? " I asked quickly.
"Sweetie...." Erica began.
I knew at that very moment I was gonna have to babysit.

So my parents left for a very high class, prestige party.
Whatever that means.
I was left to babysit my six-year-old sister, Esther. Now Esther wasn't  your rather normal sister. She just stared at walls, barely talked and probably never sleept. I've never ever seen her sleep since she became three.
We've  taken her to the doctor several times but they always said that nothing's wrong.

The two of us just sat in the living room watching TV's. There were about six TV's in there. It was very hard to concentrate all thanks to Erica.
After I couldn't concentrate anymore, I turned to Esther.
" Wanna play a game, Es? " I asked her. She turned to me and nodded.
"What game do you have in mind? "
" Hide & Seek" she mumbled.

Okay now I wasn't a big fan of hide & seek especially reading all those horror stories with that title.
But I had to say yes because have you ever experienced a six year old tantrum?
"I'm hiding" she told me and quickly left the room. Actually not quickly, it took her a while to reach the entrance.

Seeking
When I seeked, I counted but never closed my eyes. I just faced a wall or something. When I did close my eyes, I felt unsafe. Even when it was day and I was surrounded by the whole family, I still felt unsafe,hunted when I played that game.

"100! " I shouted. "Ready or not here I come"
I looked in her room, my room, our parents room, the bathrooms, the kitchens, behind a statue of Elvis Presley and in the guests rooms. Nowhere. I couldn't find her.
That was until I heard a giggle coming from the basement. Esther.

I crept down to the basement and sure enough, there she was. In front of the mirror.
"Found you Esther! " I exclaimed. But she just kept looking at the mirror giggling.
"Es. What's wrong? " I asked her. She pointed to the mirror. " That boy is funny " she said, still giggling.
"What? " I said and crept next to her. All I could see was her reflection and mine.
"What boy? " I asked beginning to feel afraid. "He looks like you" she said. I pointed to the mirror and my reflection pointed back.
"This boy? " I asked. I was beginning to think my sister was Insane.

"No " she replied. "Can't you see him? Look harder"
I squinted my eyes and I saw..... A boy.
My reflection and Esther's just disappeared and all I could see was this boy. She was right. He did look like мe except with unbrushed hair, yellow teeth, pale face and it looks like he was crying. I just froze, staring at him as Esther just kept giggling.
He was muttering something under his breath.
At first I couldn't hear but then I did:
"You'll take my place" it said and pointed towards me. I grabbed Esther and ran out of the basement. I locked it, then barricaded it. I couldn't believe what had happened but I tried to just think it was my imagine. It worked and I went back to watching TV. ' Did I switch off the basement light? ' I thought to myself.

I wake with a start. I'm in a dark room, the only light coming from, what looks like a humongous doorway. I walk towards it and thought it I see the basement. Esther's standing in front of me, giggling. I'm in the mirror! I start crying. I'm wearing torn clothes. How did I get here?
But wait......I here footsteps. Someone just entered the room. It's....me!  That me stands next to Esther, shocked for some reason.
"Get help. Or else you'll take my place" I tell him and point.
He grabs Es and runs out of the basement, light still on and the door shuts behind him. I hear the key getting turned and..... HE'S BARRICADING THE DOOR.
how am I suppose to get help?  Is he getting help? . I hope so..
In the meantime, I have the light for company

                               тнe end