Chapter 1

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My alarm annoyingly wakes me up reminding me that it's a new day. Reluctantly, I wake up to wash up and get ready for work.

I work in a company that sells products around the world. I love my job. Only if work can start at 1:00 instead of 9:00 I think I would love my job even more.

I hurriedly grabbed a granola bar and headed towards the direction of my workplace.

I stopped by my favorite cafe near my workplace and greeted the aroma filling the air. I stop by the cashier and take my usual order.

"A Carmel frappuccino with extra whipped cream please." I said. The cashier told me to wait for a few moments so I did.

I hear my name being called indicating that my order was ready. I got up and started walking up to the counter.

As I was walking, I felt an impact on my chest and saw papers flying everywhere. Turns out I bumped into someone. A girl. She had dark brown hair with the most captivating, oddly familiar blue eyes.

I mumbled a quick sorry and so did she before picking up her papers with her head down. I helped her pick up the papers and snuck a quick glance at her once again feeling an odd familiarity in her blue eyes.

She finally looked at me to say thank you, I think, but instead shot me a shocked face and ran off. I shrugged and ran to get my coffee and finally left for work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I loosened my tie and dropped my suitcase as I sat on the couch. I sighed tiredly before intertwining my fingers with my plain blonde hair as I thought of the events that took place this afternoon.

~~~~~

I knocked waiting for a response as a sign to enter. I have been called to my boss's office. I was told he had something important he had to tell me.

I hear a muffled 'enter' before I entered the big, modern office. I look over to the desk where you can see my very tired looking boss sitting behind the desk.

"Please, take a seat" he said.

So I did. I sat down on the chair in front of him while he faces me. I look at my suddenly interesting midnight blue pants to avoid eye contact.

"Jax," he started. "I heard you have been performing well so I have been thinking of a promotion for you."

My eyes shot opened at the word 'promotion'. I instantly looked at him with a sparkle in my eyes. He looked at me and chuckled.

"Prepare a project proposal and present it this Friday. That presentation will determine whether you'll be promoted or not." He said.

I stood up, way too quickly may I add, causing my head to hurt a bit, but quickly took his hand, shaking it slightly, promising him no disappointment.

~~~~~

I took a quick shower and prepared for bed. I jumped and landed on my bed. I feel asleep with a smile on my face as I recalled the events that took place today.