Chapter 10

"Hi there cupcake" I said while looking at her grave. I had found out that she died because of breast cancer 2 years ago. I was devastated.

I looked at her gravestone.

'Sophia Elisabeth Ann Rosanna Roberts. A loving daughter, lover and mother, you'll always be remembered.' I still can't believe she's gone.

"I miss you" I breathed out, not wanting to breakdown in front of her.

"Happy anniversary! Today is out 21st. Didn't think I'd remember did you? Well considering I had forgotten about you for 15 long years. I still love you, you know. Even if you left me so suddenly like that." I said finally letting go of my tears.

"Did you know that little cupcake is an artist? I enrolled her to an art school to further enhance her knowledge because I can't teach her that. You know that I'm the worst at art.

"Remember that time when I tried art with you? You were a natural. You said you knew nothing about art and there you were making a masterpiece and I was there drawing stickmen." I chuckled at the memory.

We visited my grandmother who was a former artist, she wanted us to try her hobbies that week as a bonding time with her. We went wall climbing, hiking, kayaking and more outdoor activities.

I was surprised she even took out us to paint! It was a wonderful day. It was a day filled with laughter, joy and, well, Sophie. I got to spend time with her before the break ended.

"Well, I have to go now. Keira is waiting for me to pick her up. Don't worry I'll stop by tomorrow." I took a deep breath before standing up while brushing off the dust on my pants.

"I love you cupcake" i said. I took one last glance before finally walking away.