Chapter four

I went to the museum and waited next to the diamond. They had taken down all the security so if something were to happen, I could grab it and run. I had waited for two hours with no sign of Bratt. I was getting tired of sitting there and I couldn't think of anything or anyone but Bratt. Why did he let me go like that? Why did I let him go like that?! If anyone finds out, I'm in huge trouble. But there's nothing I can do about it now.

"Its six and a half hours later and there's still no sign of Bratt! I need to sleep

"Its six and a half hours later and there's still no sign of Bratt! I need to sleep... This (favorite flavor) Monster can only keep me awake so long.." I said quietly to myself. I looked up at the beautiful pink diamond on its stand. "Maybe I should..." I reached for it but quickly stopped myself. "You can't steal the flipping Dumont diamond!" I whisper yelled at myself. "But Bratt wouldn't look at my house for it.." The devil on my shoulder said innocently. "But it belongs here!" Yelled the angel on my other shoulder. I shooed both of them away and quickly put the diamond in my backpack. I left a note so they'd know it wasn't Bratt. 'Hey! I took the diamond to my house so Bratt won't get it. Hope you don't mind? Agent (l/n)'
I stuck my sticky note where the diamond was, then went back home.

...

After I got inside, my cat came and greeted me at the door. "Hey, Jinxie," I said as I stroked her long fur. "Are you hungry, baby?" I asked her. She meowed her hungry meow, probably to tell me to shut up and feed her. I gave her a can of cat food and flopped over on the couch. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them, I was in Bratt's lair. "Whoa..how did I get here?!" I yelled. I heard Bratt talking around the corner. "Wow, Clive! Aren't you glad we finally caught (y/n)? I mean, it took long enough.." Laughed the mullet-headed purple idiot.
"It took way too long, sir!" Said a robotic voice. I noticed that he tied me up.. I tried getting free but it was no use. The thin purple figure then approached me. "Hello, (y/n)." He said. "What do you want, Bratt?! I let you go!"

My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly. I was still in my living room. I checked my bag for the diamond but it wasn't there. "That must have been a dream too..."