1

It started around the age of six, I wouldn't really make friends because I already had friends; you probably don't understand where I am going with this, just wait.
My 'friends' were... special. This is because no one would be able to see them - my parents; teachers; everyone thought it was cute that I had imaginary friends and it showed intelligence and insightfulness. Yes, these things are true I have both of those traits and many more but they weren't imaginary. Not to me anyway.

A couple years later, it was not cute anymore and instead odd. Due to the fact I had reached the age of 9 and still didn't have proper friends that I would invite to dinner or sleepovers, my parents took me to many doctors, therapists and even psychologists, none of them knew what was going on and just diagnosed me with ADHD a medical condition that affects children's brains ensuring them to be more... what's the word, Intellect.
To me this was untrue, I didn't want to believe that my 'friends' were only there because my brain wasn't able to control that part of me, it was scary and unknown. Around the age of 10 I started medication to subdue the over activeness, and it eventually worked after months of trying different prescriptions. It worked. I was normal, so being a brand new me I began making friends; really, human, living, breathing friends - and it was great.

I went onto the medication almost 7 years ago. So let me introduce myself, my name is Eden Bradford and I am a recovered ADHD patient or so I thought.