(12)

Valentine's POV

I sat in Adam's lap while he did pack work, planning what to do if Zach did plan to start a war over me.. I feel bad.. according to Adam's beta, Kole, they had just made peace with their pack.. and now it might start up again all because of me..

My thoughts were interrupted by me being lifted up by Adam as he stood up.

"I'm done with my work for now princess, how about we take the rest of the night to get to know each other and talk about all of this."

I nodded and held onto him as he carried me down the stairs, I looked at everything as he carried me, actually getting a good look around his house. Most of the walls were painted dark grey, but when we got to the living room the walls were a lighter shade of grey, kind of mixed with blue. There were pictures of Adam, with what I assumed was his family, on the walls.

He sat me on the couch and sat next to me, facing slightly inwards towards me.

"So.." he trailed off. "We should first get to know each other more.. Then we need to talk about something" I could hear the nervousness in his voice, which made me worry about what we needed to talk about.

We talked for a while, asking questions back and forth, I learned that he was very young when he became alpha, but his father had already trained him to be one before he died. I also learned about his first mate, her name was Laura, everything was good until he found out she was human. Since he was a wolf he could sense her as his mate, but since she was human, she could feel nothing. She accepted it at first, they dated for a month before she did something terrible. She cheated on him, she slept with another guy. Of course she couldn't feel a thing, she was human.. but Adam.. He felt every bit of it. He broke it off as soon as he got back, and she tried to play the innocent card, not knowing that he knew. He hasn't been with anyone for over 2 years.. All because of some stupid shit a human, his first mate, did.

After talking for about an hour he said the thing I was dreading most.

"So about the thing I needed to talk to you about.." I stared at him for a moment before nodding, telling him to continue. "Wolves.. can't mark non-wolves... Meaning, because you're a neko and you have no wolf blood in you.. I am unable to mark you.."

What...

I'm his mate.. But he can't mark me..?!

----------------------------------------------------------

IM BRINGING THIS STORY BACK!!!!!

This is the first part after being gone for so long! I am honestly really excited to be bringing this story back.. but this isn't the only story I'm doing.

I have a new account that I am going to be writing "My Wrong Mate" on

I would love if you all would go check it out!

The first part of it will be up a little bit after this

The account is _PrincessKiwi_

Anyways, I hope you like this part!