Chapter 1: A Stranger Arrives

She had walked for days, a week at most. Still traveling towards the scream, still thinking her target was now lost. She started to notice a path, leading towards a village. A gate surrounded it with wild vines and planets tangled around every corner.

It appeared to be abandoned but something told her it wasn't. It was late at night and she knew she would draw attention to herself being in a cloak, yet she didn't care.

"Whos there?" A voice called from the top of the gate. She looked up seeing a man with oddly blue hair wielding a broad sword. It was clear to her that he was a guard due to the clothing he wore.

"My name is of no importance. I nearly came because I heard a cry of pain among the trees. It appeared to have originated from this village."

" We don't need any help, we just lost someone is all. "

'So that's what it was. Someone was dead, how tragic' she thought to herself

" If you would allow, I would like to stay in your village for the night. "

"It is dangerous for someone to travel this late at night." She added not wanted to sleep outside.

He was hesitant to let a stranger into the village but complied on a count that he knew something coil come and attack the traveler with ease at night.

She was let into the village and instantly took account of the broken down builds and various plant growth.

"What village is this? I don't recall it." She asked searching her memory for a village that resembled this one.

"Phoenix Drop. 15 years ago this place was thriving and wasn't as rundown. The Lord disappeared for a while and everything went downhill." The guard responded.

"Did they ever come back?"

" ..Yes. She's..She's not well now, we lost someone close to her recently. "He said sadly.

" My condolences to whoever you lost. Good people are always the ones to suffer the most. "She said solemnly.

She was lead to a collection of buildings and homes that appeared to still be intact. Glancing up the hill, she took notice of a beautiful purple and white house surrounded by people. It was safe to assume the former Lord was in that house mourning I've their lose.

The guard led her to a house before turning to face the traveler.

" The current Lord is in there . You can talk with him about staying in the village. " He said and she bowed her head respectfully. "My name is Dante, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask."

"Your hospitality is greatly appreciated."

She walked into the home and saw the owner was a blonde boy younger than her by a few years. At first glance he looked like a guard. She decided to ask since it would be rude to assume.

"Are you the Lord of this village sir?" She asked respectfully .

"Yes and you are?" The boy asked suspiciously .

"I'm an a traveler. I came hearing a scream of distress but was told no help was needed. I ask may I say in your village through the night or longer if needed. It is quite dangerous traveling this late." She spoke elegantly and calmly.

"I completely understand. I'm Levin, And you are?" He asked and the girl laughed lightly .

"I do apologize, I forgot to give you my name. I am Salea, I come from a no village on account of my family not trusting them. Okasis is a clear example of that."

"Well you can stay here in Phoenix Drop for as long as you need. We welcome you." He says with a friendly smile.

Salea smiled. "Thank you for your hospitality." She said giving him a small smile before walking out of the house.

She walked aimlessly around the village deciding she could later explore the village time had seemed to forget.

She looked back up at the house on the hill. She considered going up to eavesdrop but continued to walk deciding she didn't care.

She walked towards what looked to be an empty house and knocked on the door.

She waited for a few good minutes until she carefully stepped into the empty house. Her feet causing no sound.

Once she was in she closed the aged yellow door quietly then looked around with curiosity.

'I guess this is might be home for a while..' She thought to herself while examining her surroundings.

It was made of an unfamiliar stone of which miss grew from all sides.

The house itself was on the far end of the village near dozens of beautiful trees and flowers. Inside of the house the floor was a worm out stained tile that had began to chip over the years.

The walls held a hideous wallpaper that smelt of fish and meldew. On the side of the walls hung cobwebs along with hundreds of spiders.

The living room was rather small and contained a small loveseat a wooden chair and a smaller yellow bookshelf

There where two average sized bed rooms.The supposed master bedroom had bed railing, yet not mattress. It's bathroom was and ugly red and ivory mix.The guest room was bare and clean. it was just about the cleanest room aside from the dining room.

It held nothing but one huge round table and 6 oddly beautiful chairs that curled the table.

The kitchen was strangely off-white color that covered everywhere even the counters. It was probably tattered and worn from its once perfect white surface.

The sight of all of it cause her to let out a frustrated sigh.

She had a lot of work to do.

'But first I might need some sleep' she thought.

She wandered the house trying to find a blanket. No luck.

She began to strip herself of her cloak to use it as a covering and made her way to the love seat.

She dusted it off and layer down trying to get comfortable.

This was going to be a long stay....

Thank u for reading. I know this took long sorry I ran out of coffee. I want to shout out to the co-author magnoliahearts123 send her all your love

Bye

EDIT: YESS! Finally editing this. I wanna say sorry for my major spelling and grammatical errors and I take full responsibility if it made it hard for you to read and understand our story. I am editing the other chapters and stories as we speak. thank you for reading.