1

I wake up lying across my sofa, the credits of The Notebook playing on my TV screen.

My phone was ringing.

I roll over and reach over to the coffee table to grab my phone.

"Hey Mattie" I say groggily.

"Hey! Where you been? I've called like 6 times.!" Mattie exclaimed.

"I fell asleep" I mumble.

"As per usual" Mattie sighs, I could practically hear his eye roll.

"Well? What did you want to tell me that's so urgent you called 6 times?" I ask.

"Oh, We're going out, You're coming, I'll be there at 6" Mattie said.

I started to object but he cut me off.

"Charlie, I don't care, you are coming" Mattie said.

"See you in 2 hours" he added before hanging up.

I sighed.

I walk upstairs to my bedroom and throw on a pair of grey ripped skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt and a leather jacket.

I brush out my dark brown hair, which reaches the bottom of my neck, and I tie it into a man bun.

Mattie arrived at 6 on the dot along with his bisexual sister Mandy and I climb into the cab next to her.

I sat in silence for the entire 10-minute journey whilst Mattie and Mandy chatted away.

We pulled up outside of a gay club and my heart dropped.

"Mattie.." I groaned

"Charles
, It'll be fun, C'mon!" Mattie begged.

"It's not like you have to hook up with anyone" Mandy said, passing money to the cab driver.

"I guess" I mumbled, reluctantly climbing out of the cab and following Mattie towards the club.