chapter 1

Pony p.o.v

Being in the dark is the worst thing in the world. Not knowing what will happen or someone keeping something from you. I know the feeling very well. Everyone keep me in the dark because I'm the baby in the group. I don't understand why I have to be treated differently just because I'm the youngest.

Looking out the window on a cold winter night reminds me of when I was 7. I always looked out this window waiting from my parents to get home. Waiting and waiting but they didn't come home one night. The phone rang and I walked out of my room and watch Darry pick up the phone.

Darry the oldest at 19 years old. He watches me and my older sodapop when out parents are not home. I watch as my brother why has never cried in his life shed tears. I was shocked and run out of my room and hugged his leg hoping that would make him stop crying.

He picks me up and hold me close. " Dar bear" I look at his strangle " why you crying" I kiss his cheek. " Mama and Papa are not coming back home "

" Really why" I started at him. " They are on a long vacation trip" " oh alright" I cuddle close to his chest and fall asleep.

Now I am 14, Darry is 26 and my other brother sodapop is 21. When I was older my brothers told me the truth and I was about 10. I was so mad and upset I lock myself in my room and I kept having nightmares so I moved into sodas room and I sleep with him now.

I always look out this same window hopping mom and dad's care will role into the drive way and run in and hug us all. I want them to tell us how much they love up and how they missed up. I want to be snuggles up in my mom's arms like before they did in the auto reck. I offten think it's my fault.

That day me and my parents got into a fight before they left. I know it's my fault even tho everyone says it not but I know inside they know it too. I feel like a murderer, I killed my own parent's. I feel hot wet tears slide gently down my face.

I quickly wip them away when the front door opens. " Hey ponyboy" I look and see Darry walk in. " Hey " I look back out the window.

" Your thinking about mom and dad again arnt you" I nod and he puts down his tools. " You know it's not your fault it's not ponyboy Patrick Curtis and don't you think that" more tears fall down my face and I feel strong arms wrap around me. I Barry my head into his chest.

I cry into his strong chest and he picks me up and takes me to his room and he lays me down. " Come on get some sleep I'll wake you up when dinner is ready" I nod and I fall into the darkness.

~ in ponyboy dream ~

"Mom dad is that really you" I reach out my arms and hug them. " Ponyboy why did you kill us " I look up and tears fall

" I-im sorry Mama papa I didn't mean to I miss y'all so Much I want y'all back "

" Well you can't have is back you killed is your a murderer you made us die" my mother yells at me and my dad nod.

" Mama I'm so sorry I hate myself because of this " she smirks " good it's all your fault you should hate yourself because of you your brothers do now have parent"

~ out of his dream ~

I wake up to someone shaking me. I sit up fast and look at the man who was shaking me. Dally Winston. The boy who doesn't care about anyone. Well that's not try he has a mega soft spot for me and Johnny cade.

" Hey kid it's alight " he sits next to me and pulls me into a hug and I cry on his chest " everything will be alright it's not your fault" I nod and go deeper into his chest.

" Hey ponyboy look at me " I blush alittle and look up at him. " I know you think it's your fault but it's not " I shake my head. " If I didn't get in the arguing with them they would have never got into the accident" I grip his shirt.

" Ponyboy they didn't die because of the argument they died because of a train and you know that it had nothing to do with you " he kisses my head. " Thank you dally" I kiss his cheek and he picks me up and pulls me into the living room and sits me down in his lap. " I'll be right here take a small nap before dinner is ready" I nod and I fall asleep

Dally p.o.v

" Darry what are we going to do he still thinks it's his fault " I sight and Darry sits next to me on the couch. " I don't know what to do we have tried everything and I hate that he blames himself" I look at the sleeping pony in my arms and I smile alittle.

" We need to convince him that it wasn't his fault he needs to know that and he has to believe that" I hold him closer. " I know dally but how" I sigh " I don't know but we have to figure out a way to help him"

I see soda and the rest of the gang walk in. " What's going on" soda sits next to dally. " He had a nightmare and he still thinks it's his fault about the accident" soda sighs " still we must find our a way to make him see that it was not his fault some way to put his mind at ease"

" How about sex " we all look at two-bit. " Oh hell no you must be drunk out of your mind " Darry slaps two on the side of the head. " Ok ok I'm sorry it was a suggestion" he laughs.

" Don't worry we will find out a way " I look at ponyboy. " We will find a way "