Leaving

| Calum |

I remember when I brought you to the bar for the first time. You didn't like anything anything except for red whine. Actually, you liked it a lot that you got wasted by 11:00 p.m. It wasnt a pretty sight, but hey you were enjoying (chuckles). I' haven't seen you in a long time Lori. Your friends tell me you're okay but I know you're not. That night you left was the most horrible night of my life. I was worried out of my mind. You told me not to follow you or think about you. But of course I didn't listen. I tried finding you for 3 days. No luck. Lori, I hope you understand that I have to find you because I made a commitment to your family.

Flashback

"Calum, I need you to take care of Loraine while we are... away" (sighs) Lori's mom told me. Nodding, I grabbed Lori's hand gently and led her out the door. Sadly, she doesn't know what happening. We got I to my car and I buckled her seat belt. It was weird seeing her having her hair in her face but I could see tears. I held her hand and drove slowly. " it's okay Lori, everything will be okay soon. You just have to wait a little."

We finally reached my apartment. Brick walls and wooden floors. It felt somewhat comfy. I let her sleep on my bed and put the covers over her. I went outside in my living room taking out a letter Lori's parents gave to me.

Dear Calum,

We have no time in writing this. Loraine has not much time. Common diseases have hit her and she can't stay with us for long. She needs someone who will actually take care of her. Calum, we have gotten the sickness too and as you have noticed, our faces are pale and we have started to get weary. We can't keep our loving daughter. This is why we need you. She loves you and needs you. Please take care of her. Give her all your love Calum.

- Millie

Millie is her mothers name. I never thought I would actually cry. I need to take care of Lori. I can't let her out if my sight.

Future //

It's been 2 months now Lori. I wonder where you are sometimes. Something is making me not go look for you. Like this is what you needed to do. The last thing you left me was a note... on your bed sheets.

" Calum, don't take this in a disgraceful way but don't look for me. Thank you for all you have done. First time experiences. It was all great but I need to "move on". I love you Calum"

It was very heart breaking. I thought she loved staying with me. I loved her so much. The thought of her leaving me was very emotional. I didn't exactly know what to do then.