Chapter 1

Before I start I'd just like to say
- this is my first time writing a book
- italics means that it's a bit from the past or an author's note
- this will be the shortest chapter in the book
- I hope you enjoy
Thanks

A Work in Progress
Started: 05/2018

Chapter One

Nathan

I don't want to move to NZ. But I didn't have a choice. As my life started collapsing into a downwards spiral, Todd (my older brother) took me out of the house and to the airport. After promising me he would talk to them and tell me everything, he left,  leaving me on the bench waiting for my flight number to be called. I clutched my duffle bag, fear growing in my stomach at the cluelessness of my future. It rises to my throat, making my breaths shallow. I swallow heard and remember back to what my father used to say.

'You're okay Nathan. Just remember who you are. Say it with me. My name is Nathan and I am 8 years old.' He instructs me in a calm voice, trying to help with my breathing.

'I am Nathan and I am 8 years old' I repeat. Still hyperventilating, I stare at him as he holds my hand.

'I live in Los Angeles and I have a loving family.' He continues

I whisper out my breathing exercise to calm myself down but I soon realise it doesn't make sense.
I will no longer live in Los Angeles. I no longer have a loving family. Just a brother who gave me my passport, a pat on the back, an unsure smile, and abandoned me at the airport.

"Air New Zealand flight 217 is now boarding. Make your way to gate 13." The lady at the desk calls out. Not thinking too deeply about my life, or my now old life, I swing my bag under my arm and move into the line with my passport. I hand the man my passport and he replies with the trademark line 'enjoy your flight'.

As I make my way towards the plane , and try to find my seat, my mind reels back through the weeks events. My girlfriend. My parents. How everything in my life fell and shattered in the timespan of a week.

__________\_____♥️____/_______________\_____♥️_____/_________

Authors note:

Hi. I am not going to reveal my name but you can call me dark clouds. I'd like to apologise for the short chapter. I am sure that the next chapter will be a lot longer.

Yeahhh. I finished one part.

Please do point out any mistakes by commenting and feedback would be appreciated

If anyone wants to try make a cover, I would really love it because I just can't think of anything good.

Thanks

Love
Darkclouds191