Chapter 2

Kemp

"Are you happy?" It was the question I heard on my side.

I look at the voice's direction and see my best friend looking at me seriously.

I smile at him weakly.

*

"What the heck!" Sigaw nito after I told him my plan "are you serious?"

"I am."

"D@mn!" He cursed "you're out of your mind!"

"I have to do this.. I want to do this."

"No Kemp!"

"There is nothing that would stop me from doing this..." Sabi ko saka tumayo "no one can stop me Edwin.. Not even you." Saka ko siya tinalikuran at iniwan

*

"Ofcourse." Sagot ko saka muling ibinaling ang tingin sa dagat. "Everything is falling according to what is planned. But not yet totally satisfy.. Nag sisimula pa lang ang lahat."

"You know I don't like this all plan of yours Kemp...  Wala siyang kasalanan sayo."

Hindi ako nag salita... I just look at the silence of the sea..  Too quite...  I wish this silence took over me.. This peaceful moment....

"Kemp..." I heard him called my name. As It returned me to the reality.

"I know Edwin." Sabi ko "wala siyang kinalaman dito. Pero kailangan ko siya... Siya ang bubuo sa lahat ng plano ko."

"You deserve to be happy Kemp." Ramdam ko ang sensiridad sa boses nito "why not just let it go and move on... Its been years now."

"Sana ganun na lang kadali.. Sana pag sinabing mag move on at mag let go agad agad magagawa.. Pero hindi eh... Yes, its been years... Pero hanggang ngayon ang sakit pa din eh.. Sobrang sakit."

Rinig ko ang pag buntong hininga nito

"As I said... I am not into this plan of yours Kemp.. But I'll be here for you.. If you need a friend,, I am here." Saka ito tumayo at iniwan ako.

I just stay here seating at the sand for awhile bago ako tuluyang tumayo at pumunta sa hotel room ko.

As I open the bedroom door agad kong lumapit sa kama at pinag masdan ang taong nakahiga duon. Sleeping peacefully.

I guess she's tired from the whole day thing.

Agad kong kinuha ang comforter at ibinalot dito.

Im sorry Maxine for bringing you into this mess. sabi ko sasarili as I look at her.

I feel guilty while look at her... I know she don't deserve any of these. Edwin is right.. But I have nothing to do about it.. but I have to do this...

Nadamay man siya dito... I'll make sure to make her happy.. I'll give everything she needs... I'll give everything the world can offer. I'll do it.. For her.. para makabawi ako sa kanya... And to ease this guilt feeling I have inside me.

Our wedding became the talk of the town.. They all said it was the wedding of the year.. Dahil sa dinaluhan ito ng mga kilalang tao sa iba't ibang antas ng lipunan.. Some of our guest we're politicians, businessman, and even some popular celebrity.

Hindi na din nakapag tataka na pinag uusapan ito ng mga tao. Maxine used to be one of the popular celebrity before she decided to focus herself to her studies and eventually to their business. Aside from that she's one of the most beautiful face in the industry. Her dark gray eyes with curved eye brows and long stand of eye lashes. With her perfect pointed nose and pinkish lips... Every man even women will definitely turn their heads just to have simple glance of her.  With her beauty, samahan pa ng kanyang perfect figure with a porcelain skin you may even thought that she is Aphrodite's lost sister.

The wedding, shock some of her fans.. Though hindi naman lingid sa kaalaman nila that Maxine is in a relationship pero dahil nga she is so private at matagal na din naman na wala siya sa showbiz ay walang nakaka alam kung sino. Which is an advantage to me.... which made my plan easier to pursue.

Maxine

It's been a month since I became Mrs.Kemp Imperial. Almost all the people who we're connected in the business circle said that I am lucky to be married to the most dashing and eligible bachelor. If I know, almost all of them wanted their daughters to be married to him. Who wouldn't? He was the perfect definition of the word handsome..  Despite the fact that he is a moreno ni hindi na bawasan ang kagwapuhan niya. It compliment to his whole being. Lalaking lalaki ang dating niya. His eyes.. Na everytime na tumingin siya sayo can made you lost into his gaze.. His lips that is full of temption.. and his smile.. mysterious yet captivating.. 

but those traits of him seems to be void to me. 

For one reason... someone already owned my heart... there is already someone who can make my heart pound into a different way no one can ever did. Someone who can make my heart skip a bit.. who can make those butterfly in my stomact crazy as it is. 

 I love him... but I hurt him... I break his heart... the same way I broke mine when I said I DO infront of the altar. 

"Good morning!! Tara kain." Naka ngiting aya sa akin ni Kemp habang nag lalakad ako palabas ng condo unit namin. Even if it's been a month since we got married we are acting like nobody living on one roof. Well, i guess on my side. Hindi ko man aminin nakikita ko ang effort ni Kemp to reach out for me... Tulad ngayong umaga.. He cooked breakfast.. Bacon, egg, hotdog and pancake.

I've been cold and distant towards him. Walang kahit isang beses na nag kasabay kaming kumain... Madalas ko siyang iniiwasan... It's either late na ako uuwi from work or kung maaga man ay dumitiretcho na ako ng kwarto at sasabihing pagod ako at kumain na ako.

But I never heard any complain from him. Sometimes I wonder how he manage to smile at me..  Despite of all the things na pinapakita ko sa kanya...  he still be the perfect gentleman that he is.

At dahil duon hindi ko maiwasang maguity sa mga ginagawa ko. 

I admire him for all the things that he is. He is a busy man... He handle one of the biggest hotel not jus here in the Philippines but also outside the country. Most of the time he is inside his office or minsan nasa meetings... But still, he still manage to make time for me.. to cook for me kahit lagi ko siyang tinu-turned down... 

Who wouldn't wish to have someone like Kemp... He is everything a woman can asked for... He is a complete package. Wala ka ng hahanapin pa sa kanya. Anyone can fall for him.. Anyone.. Pero hindi ako... Maybe I marry him.. Maybe he have me as his wife.. By law and in the eyes of the people... 

But no matter what happened..

He can never have me.. He can never have my heart.. Coz I know this belong to someone else.

My heart belong to someone else.